“Basic room, nice staff”
Review of Super 8 Pocatello

Super 8 Pocatello
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We selected this hotel based on the TA reviews. The hotel was fine but that was really about it. The sheets were clean, the towels and bathroom were clean, and that was it. The staff was friendly but we didn't interact with them other than check-in/check-out. Basic breakfast included microwaved eggs, sausage, and biscuit and the sandwich could be made to your liking. Suited us well as a 1 night stop on the road trip.

2  Thank shotdisc98

Reviewed 29 September 2011

The front desk staff is very helpful but the hotel and room left a lot to be desired. Building is much older than it appears outside. Carpeting is threadbare in the halls and the floors creaked. Towels were missing from the shelves in the room (no mid-size towel at all). Internet wi-fi did not work although they did have a slow computer in the lobby. Television didn't want to turn on and off with the remote AND with its own buttons. Location is on the fringe of the city and nearby restaurants are an asset, although AVOID the Applebee's. I will never return to any Applebee's due to their terrible and overpriced food. I had an average stay but I think I'll try another place in town next time I visit Pocatello. Overall, clean and reasonably comfortable, but not as good a value as I had hoped.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This is the first time Tripadvisor has failed me - if this is #4 in Pocatello, I won't be staying in Pocatella again. Just checked in - the woman at the front desk is great, but the rooms are VERY basic and VERY worn. My wife wouldn't stay in the first one they gave us, so we had to change to a second room. It's better, but not good. This has a clear "no confidence" from us - I had to promise my wife no more "Super 8's".

Room Tip: Check somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have stayed here many times and only reviewed it once. It has a great location with 3 stories and an elevator. it has an oversized parking lot with an equally oversized lobby. Great breakfast and clean rooms at an excellent price. Some wear throughout the property but nothing that has ever affected my stay. It also has very fast Internet.

1  Thank Dakminman
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We had stayed at the Ramada and that was a awfull place to stay. Called super 8 that morning and told them that we were changing and they gave us a good rate with a very nice room. Clean and upgraded. We did not get to try there breakfast but it was a palace compared to the Ramada. I would stay again if I traveled again.

1  Thank Dawn B