Review Highlights

A++ family business

Reviewed 23 July 2018
ShelleyYoung18
via mobile

All reviews payette lake horses yahoo wagon campfire riders trail mountains
Reviewed 3 August 2018

In response to the owners comment. I am the wife of Matt R. I confirmed reservations twice. My daughter and I rode on Sunday on horses Alabama and shady. See the pic below- that place look familiar? I could give details about the girl that took us for the trail ride, she was very sweet. I met a man working there whose brother lives in Dallas. After our nice experience on that day, we confirmed our previous reservation to ride the next Wednesday. My daughter and I even picked out our horses to ride, Bud and Smokey. My 4 yr old daughter also took a pony ride that same day as well. For the owner to claim we weren't there is ridiculous! We have a credit card charge and a photo to prove we were there.
That Tuesday (2 days later), I called to ask to change our Wednesday reservation to Thursday. She had no recollection of us being there and was a little rude until she then found our reservation on a piece of paper. I also reminded her that we had just been there 2 days prior. We showed up at 3 on Thursday at 3, our reservation time. She was dismissive, rude, and never apologized to my 7 yr old whom was devastated. I literally have never been treated so poorly with regard to customer service. My husband was upset, but it was the owner that told him to F- off, really? And to say he was aggressive and threatening, he never left the car and no one was there but us and the owners - to her point we came after the trail ride started. So I'm not sure what customers and employees are being referenced.
For what it's worth, I have never written a critique on any restaurant or business establishment in my life, but I feel this should be shared. I am also a physician. I seriously feel that this lady has some type of dementia or psychiatric disorder. I also would never lie or mislead about an experience that I had. Thanks for listening and stay away.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

What a great return to days of yore! I felt that every staff person want out of their way to make this a great experience. Those in my large party who opted to participate in the trail ride were most pleased and the wagon riders were delighted as they were able to experience an unexpected stop at a gorgeous garden. Following the rides, we were treated to a truly home cooked meal. Songs were sung around the campfire and marshmallows toasted! What a fantastic experience! Thank you!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We LOVED our evening at Yahoo Corrals! Fun, exciting, and amazing horses. Guides are excellent! Sky was awesome! We enjoyed the food and campfire! Will be visiting again.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend avoiding this establishment. My wife and daughter had an appointment to ride this afternoon and we landed the entire day around the ride. We had a nice experience this past Sunday which is why we made another reservation. The owner was surprised at or arrival and she had no record of the reservation today even through she wrote it down last Sunday and we confirmed on Tuesday. We planned our entire day around the ride and my 7 year old daughter was crushed when we were told the guides had left and there was no reservation written down. No apology nothing of the sort, she seemed put off we were even there. Perhaps using a modern day system or something other than a note pad would help. After leaving I confronted the owner via phone after listening to my daughter cry for 15 min as this is our last day in McCall. I called to share how upset we were and complain about the service she told me to f$@k off. Classy! Well we will f$@k off and never visit our establishment again!

2  Thank Aggie9797
Sky W, Manager at Ya-Hoo Corral, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

This person was not a previous client as stated and handled the situation in an aggressive inappropriate matter. This person showed up late expecting a ride at 3 when the ride that was actually scheduled at that time was already out on the trails. This reviewer showed up after 3 expecting his wife and child to ride and then proceeded to get upset and aggressive cussing I front of children and in front of our business. He then called, after leaving the premises, cussing and threatening the business, the owner, and other personnel. We are an off grid company ran by women and we were uncomfortable and felt threatened. This man and his family had been apologized to for any misunderstandings and offered other ride options but were content with making slanderous remarks and threatening us as a whole.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were a family of nine with three generations age 8 to 71, and to a person thought that Yahoo Corral did a great job. Six of us did the trail ride, and 3 rode the wagon. A couple of us had a lot of riding experience, a few had little to none, but all of us loved it. The horses were sure-footed and gentle, navigating rocks, streams, mud and bridges like they were no big deal. And the scenery was fabulous: mountains, Payette Lake, wildflowers, and we even saw a cow elk. Amazing. And to top it all off, the barbecue dinner was totally delicious, served at a bonfire, topped off with toasted marshmallows and chocolate chip cookies. Everyone who visits McCall should include this experience!

1  Thank martiagler
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at Ya-Hoo Corral. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The horses were so sweet and beautiful. I would have enjoyed just petting the horses all day, without even riding them. I will definitely be back for another visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Okay so my young daughter insisted we do the trail ride and I was admittedly skeptical. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. The horseback riding was very peaceful. Aside from the dusty conditions from lack of rain (bring a bandana and sunglasses), it was a very enjoyable family experience. Very safe for all ages, but be prepared to be a little sore for a few days if your not an equine pro.

1  Thank kwwelborn
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Well, that was a 1 1/2 trail ride up and down mountains and across creeks, My horse was Red man aka A----------. Only had to use that once. They gave the little girls pony rides when we were gone, too.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Had a great time at Ya-Hoo! We had grandparents and grandchildren and they were so willing to work with us to make it a wonderful evening! They took the little kids (2-7) on a pony ride, and took the grandparents on a carriage ride. They even arranged a campfire with an old country singer for the evening!

Overall a great time with very nice people!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We made reservations on a wet rainy day, for the following morning. They miraculously had a beautiful sunny morning for us enjoy riding up to an incredible view of the lake, WOW! Will definitely be back in the near future.

1  Thank Skimccall