All reviewscontinental breakfasthotel restaurantperfect locationdowntown locationhotel offersroad sidepayette lakeindoor poolbeautiful hotelloved our stayroom ratewalking distancedefinitely stay here againgreat roombed was comfortableclean roomssmall town
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Now we are spoiled and only want to stay here when we visit McCall! The hotel is beautiful and well appointed - restaurant on site and many are just a few steps away as is the whole town and lakefront. Indoor pool was a nice bonus and enjoying the complementary wine and beer hour on the patio overlooking the lake was lovely.

Room Tip: 212, 213 and 216 have nice lake views. 216 is a huge suite king room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018

We truly have enjoyed every one of our stays at Hotel McCall. The staff is so friendly, and the evening cookies are just an example of the fantastic hospitality. Location...location...location...It doesn't get any better than right in the middle of town and just a few steps away from the lake.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Nothing but charm for this little hotel. Nicely adorned, and the perfect spot steps away from the lake. Our rooms were okay, nothing super special, but fine for our one night stay. Clean and adequate for a family or couples. A few attention to details might help like
fixing the blinds and the elevator (it froze), but nothing to distract the usual traveler. Our only hiccup was when we were given a free drink coupon (great touch!), we cashed them in and asked if we could sit on the empty patio. We were told we had to sit on the dirty "wicker chairs" at the far end of the patio because they were expecting "big parties." We stayed about an hour and a half safely in our low rent area and saw exactly two couples show up for dinner on the patio. We had considered having dinner there, but the way we were treated we went elsewhere. Too bad because it was nice otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2018

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay, one night with the stay-and-ski package at Brundage. We were so excited to stay at Hotel McCall, as this was our first stay, and you really can't beat the location! We loved the complimentary wine/beer on our first afternoon there. We were able to enjoy it by the fire in the library before we had a delicious dinner at Rupert's and it was absolutely wonderful! The room itself (standard King w/ balcony) was smaller than I expected, but that didn't really bother either my husband or myself. It was clean, but did lack in some basic amenities that most hotels offer. We only had one water glass in our room, and it was quite smudged and dirty-looking. I rinsed it myself in the sink and made do; I'm sure if I had asked for another, the staff would have been happy to accommodate. There was no coffee-maker in the room, which was unfortunate, as my husband and I both really like to have caffeine-free tea in the evenings. There also were no wine glasses or mugs (although after dinner at Rupert's, the waiter told us to bring our wine glasses up with us, as we still had wine left in our bottle). The biggest issue occurred around 0200 on our first night there: the snow plow began scraping the parking lot right outside of our window, jarring my husband and I out of a really deep sleep! The scraping continued for about 10-15 minutes, which, in the dead of the night seems like an eternity. The next morning, my husband mentioned it to the person at the reception desk, and she said, "That's what happens when you're on top of the mountain, they have to plow." We perceived her attitude to be a bit snotty, like she is tired of out-of-town guests complaining. I don't know that the hotel has any control over the plow schedule, but that certainly made for an unpleasant night.

We headed down to Rupert's for the continental breakfast the next morning, and were terribly disappointed with it. We were gearing up for a day of skiing, and were assuming, like most continental breakfasts, that there would be scrambled eggs and meat of some kind, in addition to the normal pastries and cereals. Unfortunately, the only source of protein at breakfast was hard-boiled eggs (which were hardly edible as the shell stuck to the egg, and the eggs had a tough skin underneath the shell, like they had been sitting for awhile). Other than hard boiled eggs, there were mini bagels, toast, english muffins, donut pieces, halved mini muffins, cereal, and packets of oatmeal. Needless to say, we did not return for the breakfast the next morning, and were happy that we had packed protein bars to eat on the way up to Brundage!

In terms of staff service, the woman who was present when we checked in and the next morning seemed generally annoyed and a bit snippy. The night staff woman on Saturday, however, was very accommodating when my husband and I asked if there was any way we could get hot tea in the hotel. After some thinking, she dug out a small coffee maker (why wouldn't this just be included in the room?), Lipton black tea (although it has caffeine, it was better than no tea!) and two mugs from the restaurant, which we very much appreciated. She was super friendly and did not seem at all annoyed, which we appreciated.

So overall, we enjoyed our stay, but were a little disappointed to see that basic amenities were not included in our room (coffee, tea, water glasses, mugs, wine glasses), were very disappointed in the continental breakfast, and had terrible sleep the first night due to the snow plow! The snow plow may not be able to be changed, but I think improving the continental breakfast and including those little amenities in the room would make a big difference! I'm sure we will be back for another stay despite these small complaints.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Ginny A, Manager at Hotel McCall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Good Morning..thank you for your comments on your stay at the Hotel McCall. We read them all and try to make any improvements that we can after hearing from our guests. We do have coffee services at the front desk for anyone that mentions it to us. I am so glad Sue gave you one to use. I will tell the staff that there is a wider choice of teas in the restaurant that they can go back and get if requested as we do just have the black tea available at the front desk. Our breakfast is an expanded Continental which means there are no hot egg dishes or meats. We do have the hard boiled eggs which Nila cooks at least every other day and cheese sticks for protein.We also have homemade granola, oatmeal as you mentioned and a wide variety of fresh fruit with all the other things you mentioned. The glass situation is totally unexceptable and thank you for pointing that out. . I do hope you will come back and enjoy the ski package again as it is the best package offered up here..Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Read this if you are looking to do a Ski and Stay package through Hotel McCall, which includes 2 lift tickets:

I just spoke to someone on the phone about the ski and stay package that I booked. I found out that the more expensive room I purchased (the only one they had) did not qualify for the package and that I would have to pay additional for the lift tickets. No one notified me of this even though I booked weeks before our check-in date.

The Christmas gift to my husband has now been canceled, they were not willing to add the lift tickets.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin3D
Ginny A, Manager at Hotel McCall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Good Morning Robin..I am sorry you didn't understand how our ski packages work. They are on our standard rooms only with an upgrade available on our deluxe rooms for $15.00. This package does include 2 lift tickets..the total cost for standard package is $218 plus tax. You booked on line for a one bedroom suite which costs $250 plus tax per night. That is why they are not on a $218 package. We are happy to sell our lift tickets to anyone that books that more expensive room. We have contacted our on line booking site to remove any reference to ski packages as they are only available if you call us directly so we can explain what it consists of and when the guests want to ski and for how many days. As you stated we were sold out for all our rooms except the one you booked because this is our busy ski season. Amy offered to sell you tickets with your room and also gave you the option to cancel with no penalty as we had a two week cancellation policy during the holidays which we waved for you. Our ski package is on our web page which explains all of this.