All reviews salmon hells canyon the river breakfast room nancy riggins convenience comfort motel idaho
Reviewed 13 September 2017

What a wonderful place to stay! The helpful and caring owners have created a gorgeous riverside oasis in the dramatic Salmon River canyon. Lush landscaping and inviting picnic and sitting areas invite you to slow down and relax. Perfect for solo visitors, couples and families. Unwind and reconnect with nature, breathe fresh air in a secluded, visually stunning retreat.

The inn is essentially a two story B & B/ motel with fully equipped kitchens in each large comfy room. There are two stories, the upper floor rooms have individual balconies overlooking the river. The lower floor rooms have picture windows and doors which open a dozen yards from the bluff over the river. The large, central breakfast room features a great variety of (self serve) breakfast offerings and is open 24-7 for your convenience. Wifi and cable TV are free. Pet friendly.

Don't use GPS to find the inn or you will end up miles away. It is at milepost 210 on Idaho 95 between White Bird and Lucile. Be sure and stock up on groceries for a longer stay. Nearby Riggins has a small, well-stocked grocery store as there are no close restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stayed at the Steelhead Inn the night before a Hells Canyon jetboat trip. What a great stay! Our room was updated, clean and had space for the kids. It was a treat sitting out under the stars, drinking wine while watching the moon set over the mountain. The owners (Ken and Nancy) were so nice. There was a large selection of items for breakfast and they even had some ice cream for a treat in the evening. I would stay here anytime!

Room tip: I liked all the rooms
Date of stay: July 2016
Thank Brian K. M
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The hosts were wonderful and the accommodations were more than we expected. Really clean rooms and an amazingly stocked kitchen with breakfast. Beds were comfortable and the view of the salmon river was stunning. The hosts have truly put their hearts into this place and it shows!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I would give this place more than 5 stars if I could. The place is just great. The location is about midway between Riggins and White Bird; it's quieter than Riggins itself. The area has no cell phone coverage, but one can use a landline phone at no charge (we didn't need that). The rooms are spacious and clean, kitchen is well stocked, guests can have a very good breakfast or prepare one for them,selves. The kitchen is open at all times. One can enjoy the great view of Salmon river from the balcony (upper level rooms) or patio (lower level) We've seen a bald eagle, several whitetail deer and some three dozen wild turkeys on the other side of the river.
Most importantly, the hosts, Nancy and Kenn are such wonderful people! They did everything to make our stay the most pleasant one. If we ever happen to visit this area again, we'll certainly stay at the Steelhead Inn again.

Room tip: Rooms with kitchen: 1 queen&1 twin bed + river-facing balcony; doors on ground level (opposite side). 2-queen-bed rooms are on lower level.
Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I love making reviews on places like thing. Everything was way above the expected. Clean rooms, clean bathroom, refrigerator, micro-wave,any wonderful people. I didn't notice weather or not there was wi-fi, but there is no cell phone coverage so they have free phones with long distance. The kitchen is well stocked and you can have anything in there for breakfast. I cooked my own but that was my choice, the hostess might have cook if I had asked. Kitchen open 24/7 and I think it is the hosts kitchen as they are working on a new structure. Really amazing place.

Room tip: We had a double queen and it was amazing.
Date of stay: September 2015