“Excellent”
Review of Lions Gate Manor

Lions Gate Manor
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Very hospitable and friendly staff. Beautiful rooms and building. Located a minute or two from "downtown" Lava Hot Springs. Would go back again if I was in town!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Phantom's Lair room, which I have a feeling is the nicest room in town!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Lions Gate Manor

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had an amazing time at Lion's Gate! We decided to make a last minute stop at Lava Hot Springs on our way home from Oregon. We called on the road knowing we were still very far away and may not make it there until very late. Tami was very accommodating and had no problems waiting up for us. When we got there we were greeted with a smile and given a tour if the available rooms. All were gorgeous! The furniture was ornate and very new. We chose the Persian room partly because of it's basement location and partly because it has the largest tub. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning which was great because breakfast was at 10 so we didn't need to rush. Breakfast was divine and there was so much food! Tami is a great cook!

For the price this place exceeds expectations. We are so grateful for the reasonable rates! We were 100% pleased and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Tamra_David_Hyde
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this Bed & Breakfast and very much enjoyed it! We ended up staying in the Phantoms Lair. Loved the furniture in all the rooms and the owners were extremely friendly. The town was close (even though some reviewers said it was far away, I guess they have no concept of distance). I loved how the tub filled from the ceiling and I didn't have water spilling out onto the floor like the other reviewer from Utah stated. I guess I just know how to fill a tub correctly. Me and my husband brought some DVD's for use in the Phantoms entertainment area, stopped at the little supermarket in-town and grabbed some snacks to watch with our movies. The breakfast made by the owners was delicious and I actually enjoyed talking to the other guests at the main breakfast table.

The hot pools in town were great! The staff was pleasant and there were changing rooms at the facility so you don't make the mistake of driving back to the B&B in your wet clothes. The town is slightly dead unless on the weekends, but still has some food establishments you can stop on in to get some dinner. The only thing I would want of this town is an actual espresso type coffee joint. Some stores had regular coffee and we did drive to a neighboring town to find a pretty good Chai Tea Latte inside a hair dresser shop. Next time we will just bring a small coffee maker if the owners of the B&B will let us.

The overall feeling of the Bed & Breakfast was of relaxation, romance and laughter. If you are not a fun loving person then maybe this place isn't for you. No snotty hoity toity people should come here if their main passion in life is to pick at all the small unimportant things.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 22 February 2012

It's just enough out of the way that you feel some privacy but close enough to town that you don't have to drive far at all if you need to get anything from town. The service was exceptional. The owner made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. We got the tour of all the rooms and they are all amazing! A great place to relax! Breakfast was homemade and tasted wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesse H
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a mini-honeymoon in November 2011. From the moment we showed up until the moment we left the stay was nearly perfect. The building is beautiful and well-kept, impressive in that the staffing is clearly minimal. The room, Victorian Suite, was neat when we came in, and it's particular setting was just what was needed for a romantic getaway. Comfortable bed, jacuzzi, and fireplace combined to make the room very nice. Above all, however, the service given by the owner was second-to-none. We were running late - he called us to make sure we were still coming; other lodgings would have cancelled us without bothering to check. He and his staff cooked breakfast every morning, to include a morning when the only guests were my wife and I. He was pleasant and down to earth, a very personable man and a fellow former Army officer. My wife and I have a lot of experience traveling both in Idaho, the U.S., and a few countries, and I can say without a doubt this is in the top 2 or 3 of places I have ever stayed. The only thing to be desired is location. I wish we would have been in walking distance of the hot pools. This was a very minor inconvenience, however. If you have the luck to stay in a very beautiful and relatively unknown corner of Idaho, definitely choose this B&B. And check out the Phantom of the Opera room - quite fun!

• Stayed: November 2011
15.2 km away
The Harkness Hotel
The Harkness Hotel
#1 of 1 in McCammon

Been to Lions Gate Manor? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK