“Had lunch here with some friends”
Review of Chuckwagon Cafe

Chuckwagon Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We were traveling up to the hot springs and the four of us stopped and a great lunch, this restaurant is very family friendly as are the wait staff and hostess

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Fair prices, generous portions, speedy service, clean restaurant, and yummy food! We ate here for every meal during our stay in Lava Hotsprings and would definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is your basic diner with fatty, all american food. The service for coffee refills was awful. I had to wait 30 min. to get a refill on my coffee. VERY busy b/c there aren't many places to eat in Lava. This place has awesome potential but they need to step it up a bit. Maybe hire a hostess that JUST deals with seating people and closing out checks. And then hire someone to JUST bus tables. And then hire someone to JUST refill coffee. I mean come on, it's a diner, coffee needs to be refilled frequently.

1  Thank Yoginimae
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Only reason I gave this place 3 stars was because of the friendly waitress and great service. My dinner was only average and my wife had the worst chicken fried steak ever.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

After slow cooking ourselves in the hot springs pool we stopped by the Chuck wagon for lunch. Right away my son sees the Deep fried Bacon and Jalapeno Burger and that sounded pretty good. It was such a good burger! The menu had so many choices and lunch is served until closing. There was a sign at the counter that said local musicians get together and jam on Tuesday evenings.

Date of visit: December 2017