All reviews mineral water huge tub picasso room georgia o'keefe in town room was clean hot pools remodeled rooms stay there again flat screen tv within walking distance the main hotel great place to stay main street enjoyed our stay get away spring pools
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We visited the Home Hotel 19th September, on arrival we were informed by the receptionist that there wasn't a booking in our name although we had the booking confirmation from usairtours.
While we were trying to sort out what had gone wrong Scott the owner manager came to the reception and asked what the issue was.
Straight away he said not to worry he had a room.and told the receptionist to book us in as we had a long drive and for us to go and relax with our day he would sort out whatever.
We were texted by usairtours who said to leave our credit card details as deposit and they would get back back to us in the morning.
On going to do this Scott said not to worry, no matter what the outcome the room was on him if need be and no money would be charged.
I have to say he was the most polite helpful and friendly manager I have ever met, an absolute pleasure to meet.
He made what was an awkward embarrassing situation a pleasant experience.
As yet no apology or explanation from usairtours
Thank you Scott, we really enjoyed our stay with you.
Alec and Debbie

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alec l
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I stayed (woman alone) in a king size room in the historical part of the hotel, and it was excellent. The location near the pool was perfect, the desk staff were very friendly, and the room was clean modern and complete. The huge bathtub with geothermal hot water was astonishing to have in the rooms, although I went to the city pool for my soak instead. The window air conditioner was modern and quiet, the ceiling fan was helpful, and the refrigerator was fine. Overall I found the hotel room to be perfectly satisfactory, and glad they had rooms available, on short notice, in September, when other places were full. My only complaint regards the breakfast-- although they made arrangements for guests to breakfast at a cafe down the street, that place had about 20 tables full with only one waitress in the middle of the week, service was slow and the food so-so, but it was so cheap I did not even bother to use my coupon from the hotel when I paid. In contrast, I had a gourmet and wonderful dinner at the restaurant in the basement of the neighboring hotel, at the recommendation of the desk clerk, and it was a little pricey but was absolutely great memorable vegetarian meal. I would definitely stay here again, in the old brick part of the hotel. (Note: the whole town is subject to horn-blowing trains going by at night and in the early morning).

Room Tip: Old brick section with interior hallway is quieter and more secure.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Leigh Ann H
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My first trip to Lava Hot Springs & my friend booked us at this lovely little motel. The place was VERY clean (I even checked for dust on top of the headboard & mirror above the sink and nothing), all the staff that we interacted with was very friendly & helpful. There is no smoking in the rooms but they have provided outdoor seating & ashtrays around the property that made me feel like they didn't want smokers like me to feel like total pariahs.
Since they were so good, I wanted to offer a few tips that I feel would make the stay better.
#1 in room coffee makers. Coffee is provided in the lobby but if you're not staying in the main building, this means you're crossing the parking lot to get coffee. For those of us that like coffee in our pajamas, that makes it a little awkward, I would highly suggest at least the option of requesting an in room coffee maker.
#2 no dresser to put your things in or on. I think a narrow cabinet on the wall where the TV is would be helpful for people to put their things in would be great and would solve the next problem
#3 microwave & fridge in the closet area and the clothes hanging bar is so high you'd have to be an NBA star to get any clothes on the hangers.
A cabinet area that incorporates an area for the microwave & fridge would be perfect.

Of course, these suggestions should not deter anyone from staying here, it's a wonderful place to get some R&R and experience the town.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank LM0073
Reviewed 24 August 2018

My sister and I had a very comfortable stay here. I left my Yeti mug in the fridge and they mailed it right back to me. I got it the next day. We also enjoyed our private hot tub. Thanks! We will come again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Grindy77
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We’re so glad we stopped in Lava Hot Springs on our way to SLC airport. We were not in the old section of the hotel but it was very nice. The room was fine. I spoke with 2 front desk clerks. Both were friendly and very helpful. Great little town!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family