“Excellent (much improved from earlier review!)”

Glow Live Food Cafe
Ranked #52 of 78 Restaurants in Ketchum
Reviewed 24 November 2015

I've always liked Glow's food and much of my feedback from an earlier review has been addressed. It's nice to see responsiveness. Now, if I could only get an entree AND a fresh juice for under $25 -- but that's probably not realistic given the labor and ingredients involved. I wholeheartedly recommend Glow. Kudos to Molly and her team!!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

We always look for a vegan restaurant in town when we travel. I was so happy to find an option in Ketchum! This is a cute little place and my family ordered juices, salads, hand rolls, tacos and their version of grilled cheese. The kale salad and avocado toast were by far the best from the group. The juices, salads, and hand rolls were pre-made rather than made at the time of order. My daughter ordered a bowl of black beans which, after waiting a very long time, were cold. We asked the helpful staff for re-heating and they were served to us only slightly warmer. As I looked around, a few locals were enjoying the various toast options. I will be sure to follow suit next time we visit this quaint restaurant. They also have a well-stocked small retail section with supplements, glass water bottles and "clean" cleaning/laundry products. If you are like me and need to grab a daily green juice you can't go wrong if you are ok with knowing it's not made to order (at least that was the case for us). All in all, we were grateful to have a vegan lunch option despite some dishes outshining others.

1  Thank Coconutlemon
Molly B, Owner at Glow Live Food Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear Coconut Lemon,

Thank you so much for visiting Glow! It sounds like you tried some of our best sellers - the kale salad, avocado toast and tacos are our biggest hits along with our green juices. We're so glad you enjoyed them and we love having healthy families in!

One thing to note - our food is "pre-made" as you say, on site, fresh each morning, and stocked in the grab and go case super fresh, usually within a half hour of being purchased. The greens and produce are locally grown and picked within 100-200 miles of Ketchum. This isn't "pre-made" food in the sense of coffee shop products stocking ice cream and other goods made off-site long ago, this is food that has been sourced, created, and packaged on site and super fresh, grown locally and incredibly vibrant each morning. We create options for people to get in and out quickly to go on with their busy days and accommodate the higher demand at this time of year. And our customers appreciate this oh so much.

Our kale salads, spring rolls, etc were created yesterday several times throughout the day, and almost always within a half hour of consumption, and our juice is fresh cold pressed each morning, so that it is fast, fresh, and super nutritious, more so than waiting 15 minutes for a centrifugally juiced green juice with doesn't retain as high of a nutritional value with as clean of a process. It's not "made to order", but it is made just prior to ordering, which we feel is even better at this busy time of year for our service, quality, and customer appreciation.

Yes, We would definitely recommend the veggie toast, another of our most popular items next time you visit. And we're glad you enjoyed the store, we search around the country for high quality, niche brands to bring to our upbeat, fun and healthy little town. The raw cacao truffles and chocolate torte are other sure favorites. We hope you have a wonderful visit.

~Molly and the Glow staff

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Fresh, savory, organic vegan meals are the daily fare at Glow Cafe with a delightful ambiance and patio, along with friendly service from knowledgeable staff. Make this lunch spot your "go-to" place for delicious, nutritious eating. Glow also serves mouthwatering desserts, fresh pressed juices, fresh almond milk, luscious smoothies and scrumptious daily specials. I give it 5 stars!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

I discoverd Glow this past winter on my first trip to SV. On our last day my fiancée and I stopped by Glow. The level of service was great, if the energy, attentiveness and downright joyfulness of the staff don't convince you of the power of raw foods then you need your eyes checked! I was lucky enough to get an appointment with Molly last minute and I cannot say enough about her abilities and expertise, more on that later. After genuinely struggling to decide what to pick out of all the yummie choices my fiancée and I settled on gluten fee toast with pesto spread and tomatoes and 2 juices. They were delicious. I am still trying to recreate that toast but with no luck! I should point out that at the time neither my fiancée nor I were vegan or gluten free but that toast was so good it showed both of us that healthy eating can taste as good if not better than food that is doing a disservice to your body and your mind. As far as the products, you can't find this quality of supplements and food/ meal enhancers anywhere and I live in Marin so if I can't find it, it's not out there. I receive monthly shipments of several supplements which have totally changed my life.

So now on to Molly, by the time I met Molly I had been to 6 different health practioners, had half a dozen blood tests run , had gone on elimination diets, juice cleanses and had spent a fortune in supplements. No one could tell me why I couldn't make it through the day without needing to lie down, why my hair was falling out, and why I had stopped digesting food all together. As you can imagine I was at my wits end. And then I saw Molly and she knew what was wrong. She designed a protocol for me and I have never felt so good, I have more energy than I have had since I was a kid, my hair is thickening and my digestion is totally back to normal. The best part about the experience is that Molly really pays attention to you, she really wants what is best for you, it is a founding concept for her and her business. She gives me ongoing advice, will tell me brands to avoid and ones she likes. My only regret...that I didn't stop in on our first day. We will definitely be back and will be begging for her to open a Glow near us!!!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2015

I grew up in Southern Idaho where raw food means a salad... Probably one sprinkled with MSG so it doesn't taste awful. Coming back to Ketchum for the first time in almost a decade, I was amazed to find a place like this even existed. I was even more amazed with the atmosphere, cuisine and staff. Sure, it's expensive, but everything in Sun Valley is. It's a big deal to have organic cuisine available in a small mountain town.

I was stoked that the staff was engaging and positive, especially after receiving four years of food service in Portland where everyone seems to hate their well-paying food service jobs.

I also liked how the cafe had a storefront that held true to the ideals expressed on their menu: raw, vegan, gluten-free and all-around conscientious. They also had an extensive supplement line that piqued my curiosity. I will visit Glow Cafe again, no doubt about that.

Molly B, Owner at Glow Live Food Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Dear Easy G -
thank you for your kind words. Yes we love when people come from other cities, regions, or travels and discover Glow. It always blows them away! We've travelled all over to discover what we love and don't love about different raw, organic, and vegan cafes, and have tried to blend our favorite foods, drinks, desserts, products and all offerings into our business.

Thank you for visiting!