“I am glowing :)”

Glow Live Food Cafe
Ranked #52 of 78 Restaurants in Ketchum
Reviewed 15 June 2015

Customer service is everything. The minute I walked into Glow I felt all the positive energy. The staff were so professional and answered all the questions I had. The food was wonderful and they were quick to serve it to me. What I got was worth the price and I felt healthier. I tried a 3 day cleanse and the results were wow. I felt so good after it and everyone made sure I got the right juices and explained exactly what was in them and how they were cold pressed every morning. It's hard to find organic fruits and veggies in Idaho, but Glow has EVERYTHING organic. I would give them 5 stars for the delicious food, drinks, smoothies, coffee, tea and of course customer service. Thank you for the wonderful experience and I will definitely come back.

Molly B, Owner at Glow Live Food Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Dear Glowing Customer!
thank you for your kind words and happy review. We do our best and are grateful for our amazing customers.

Thank You!

Molly Peppo Brown and the Glow Staff

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I like some of the food items here in a town where it's hard to find vegan and gluten free food. Some of the people who work there are nice. Others aren't. The rudest guy seems to be gone.

However, there's no concept of employee empowerment to meet customers' needs. Whenever I've asked, unwittingly, for something out of the ordinary, the staff member has to ask Molly if it's OK/what to do. If Molly isn't on site (often), they have to call her. If she doesn't pick up, they won't make a judgment call.

I don't know if Molly knows how annoying this is, but it's dehumanizing to her staff and annoying to her customers. I really don't want to wait for someone to first find Molly and then ask her about an issue that might have a $2 to $5 impact on her gross margin, while my value as a potentially happy, lifetime annuity customer goes unrecognized.

Example:

Me: Can I have a small bowl of soup instead of the large, single size one on the menu?

Staff: We don't have small bowls.

Me: (Pointing to a stack of small bowls). Yes, you do.

Staff: I would have to ask Molly how much to charge you. She's not here.

Me: It looks like it's half the size of the large bowl. Why don't you charge me half or a dollar or two more than half?

Staff: I would have to ask Molly.

Me: OK, ask her.

Staff: She's not here. I would have to call her.

Me: OK, call her.

Me: (To myself: Why didn't I go to Main Street Market, which has three sizes of self serve soup containers and better, often vegan, often gluten free soup?)

Beyond this, prices are high. High enough to warrant white cloth table service, not stand in line to order, take a little abuse, cafeteria table service. Lunch runs $20 to $25.

2  Thank Real_Customer_555

Dear Real Customer 555,

Goodness! I recently became aware of your trip advisor review, It is rare to read an online review with such detail. Thank you for doing so, yet I am so sorry for your poor experience. We, like most businesses in town, have had at times very professional and well trained staff, and at others not so great. I see your review was from last August, and I do believe we were going through a transition at that time. Thankfully now, we have an amazing staff. My manager and chef are very kind, professional, and talented people, not to mention empowered. ; ) I have utmost confidence in not only their customer service capabilities, but their integrity and knowledge of all that Glow offers.

At this point I have full trust in my staff to not only offer amazing customer service, going above and beyond to accommodate our customers' specific needs, sensitivities, and allergies, but also to be incredibly friendly and knowledgeable with products, food, and helpful with menu decision making. I can guarantee you that Glow takes pride not only in our large portions, 100% organic food, (quite a challenge in a small seasonal mountain town in the middle of Idaho), but also in our reasonable pricing. I do need to correct an error however, lunch does not run 20-25$, it is a much more reasonable 12-16$ for entrees, 8-13$ for appetizers and salads (which are meals), and 8-12$ for smoothies and juices. Our amazing daily specials run from 13-16$, and they are well worth it! This pricing is very consistent with other restaurants in town, believe it or not, yet we offer fresh, local, completely organic ingredients, with large portions. The care and love in our food is evident. We take a lot of pride in what we do and how we do it, and that we do it so well. It is an amazing thing to eat at a restaurant where the foods you are eating truly feed you on many levels, unlike a coffee, soda, or ice cream. Our offerings are delicious, nutritious, and healing.

I can guarantee you that we are proud to be at a place where any review previously being a "miss" will now be a "hit", and we are all so happy to hold this space for health and well-being in our vibrant little town. Have a great day, and we hope to see you again soon,

Molly Peppo Brown and the Glow staff

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I enjoy some of the food here but the staff is so unfriendly that I dislike going inside. The product is very expensive & the staff treat you like you do not belong. I live in LA so I have access to the best of Vegan food & there is no elitist attitude.

3  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 14 June 2013

A little on the pricey side but delicious vegan goodies. Friendly service and a nice variety of baked goods.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Very flavor tasting. We had veggie burger and a Pate Plate....A little expensive This is definitely a vegetarian favorite. they were also premoting a detox week coming in the near future. Cheerfuil atmosphere.