“Good for business travel and a good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall

Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Tennessee
“Good for business travel and a good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a Hampton Inn that maintains the same high quality of the chain. It's located in a very safe area and adjacent to the Grand Teton Mall in Idaho Falls. The parking lot is well lit and the property is well managed.
There are plenty of local and national chain restaurants in the area.
It's about a 10-15 minute drive from the airport.
Free breakfast each morning and most week nights there's the manager's reception with free food.
The gym is being renovated (should be ready by the time this is posted) and there's an indoor pool.
A nice hotel that's easy on the budget.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Kirk Hansen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Idaho Falls as we were driving down fom Washington to California. We have stayed there once a year for at least the last 5 years as we are snowbirds traveling south.

We have never minded the 10 minute drive from the freeway because it was so confortable and the staff so accomodating and the breakfast was good. It is also close to a mall with some nice restaurants.

This year we were disappointed in the smart alecky front desk clerk who thought he was funny and clever when we checked in but was basically annoying.

The bed, or more specifically the bedding, was the real disappointment. I do not remember the cheap slippery bedspreads that they now have. We didn't sleep well at all. Their rooms have just lost their crisp feel.

The evening snack of chili and chips was nice as were the cookies and the breakfast but we did not feel comfortable in the room and would not return.

Room Tip: We did request a first floor room for easy in and out and were accomodated.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JanisSpokane
Hampton Inn I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and I apologize for the linen discrepancies you encountered during your stay. We have as recently as yesterday reviewed our cleaning guidelines and have implemented some corrective actions to prevent this from occurring again. I have also reached out to our linen provider and advised them of the concerns we have with the linen they are sending us. With more attention on both items, I am confident that we will make an immediate improvement in the cleanliness standards we hold ourselves to. Thank you again and we hope to see you in Idaho Falls again soon.

Sincerly,
Wild Western Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed with a team of 8 year old kids for hockey, and this Hampton could not have been more accomodating. They were so kind and friendly, and went way out of their way to make our entire group feel welcome and appreciated. The hotel is close to the mall and fun dining. Clean, comfortable rooms, clean pool, good breakfast and excellent service. We will come back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DDLee10
Hampton Inn I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Here at our property we are excited to have the chance to make your group's stay with us the bet it can possibly be! We value the business your organization provides us! If there is anything we can do to improve our services please let us know. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Thanks again,

Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

This hotel is on the east side of Idaho Falls, close to Ammon. It is not close to the freeway or the falls on the Snake River, but it is close to the mall, good restaurants, movie theater and other family entertainment. We spent the weekend here and we were not disappointed. First impression was the friendly front desk guy. Our check-in was fast. The room was spacious, although I think they sacrificed some bathroom space to make the rest of the room larger. Everything in the room was clean and in working order. The furnishings are a step up from most chain hotels.

Beds were comfortable, TV and free wi-fi internet worked. Heating and air conditioner worked. The complimentary breakfast was good. They offer a good variety of continental breakfast items... muffins, bagels, cold cereal, etc. but also have hot items that were different each day... biscuits and gravy, bacon, fried potatoes, etc.

My biggest complaint was the pool. It was frigid when we were there. I wanted to take my kids swimming but it was miserable so we just sat in the hot tub (which wasn't all that hot).

The other complaint, which was quickly resolved by the staff, was that I was charged twice for the room. I prepaid online at hamptoninn.com (not priceline or hotels.com) and then they also charged my card when I checked out. Apparently someone didn't follow the correct procedures with a prepaid reservation. I called and talked to the accounting person at the hotel and the charge was reversed. Initially she told me it would take 3-5 days for the credit to show up, but she went the extra mile and actually called my bank and did whatever she had to do to get the credit on my account the same day. Maybe because I used a debit card... I'm not sure.

And, my room key would not open the side entrance so I had to use the main entrance. I never asked hotel staff about that, so perhaps a new key would have taken care of that.

Overall... good experience, good hotel, friendly staff. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at our Hampton Inn. We appreciate your time and the wonderful comments you had for our staff and property.

I would like to apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the temperature of our pool. We take great pride in the maintenance at the hotel and strive to maintain the pool area in excellent condition.

We hope you will try us again the next time you are passing through.

All the best,

C. MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Perfect location for shopping as it is across the street from the mall also very close to the hospital. The pool and hot tub were recently renovated and the fitness room was closed for renovations. Also recently the TV's were up graded to several HD channels

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank travelingfoolmt
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I'm so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Many thanks,