All reviews front desk snake river steam room free breakfast potatoes view of the river hot tub biscuits and gravy large room lds temple king bed indoor pool great room richard lounge conference falls
Reviewed 2 September 2018

NASTY HOTEL!!!! To start off there were a lot of people loitering outside when we arrived in the parking lot with a total of maybe 6 cars in the whole hotel.....bad sign. Once checked in we went up towards our room which was very creepy, outdated and rough condition wall paper coming off the walls, ceiling dropping and carpet gathered up. Dirty furniture and smelly.
Upon entering our room you can see the bed is sagging in the middle. The toilet doesn't flush, and the room has a musty smell. We made reservations online and couldn't cancel, so we were stuck.
The following morning housekeeping is banging at our door at 8am after arriving very late the night before. Before I can get up to see who it is at the door the maid opens the door without saying anything, also the dead bolt didn't work either..
After getting around I went to speak to the hotel manager about being woke up early and all the issues with the room and he immediately becomes combative. He has no management skills and I can see why the hotel is the way it is. BAD MANAGEMENT. He had a careless attitude and walked away without regards to our problems. I can now see why there was only 6 rooms filled. Even the breakfast they had was ice cold eggs and sausage. It was terrible. I don't make reviews very often but felt EVERYONE NEEDS TO BEWARE of this place. The online pictures are deceitful YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ShiloHotels, Social media at Shilo Inns Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

We’re sorry you were unhappy with your stay and understand how frustrating it can be when being awakened early in the morning. That’s why we have valuable tools such as “do not disturb and room occupied signs in every room so we are able to give our guests the privacy. I will definitely take this issue up with my staff so it will not happen again. Thanks for your review we will use it the future for training. Kirk

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Huge property and great team to service. We checked in late and front desk was very friendly. This is a old hotel but it still retains the same warmth from the old times. The rooms are old but big. No issues with cleanliness. It was a good night sleep. The breakfast was very good and decent options. My kids had fun in the indoor pool which again was clean. Best part is that they have a 12 noon check out which gave us good time to relax, have breakfast, use the pool and pack. There is a nice stream/river behind with nice walkaway.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for submitting such a great review about our hotel. We certainly appreciate your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing you again. We'll continue to offer all those great amenities which our guests have really come to enjoy as we know the importance of adding value to any stay. See you soon.
All the best, Kirk

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Simply put, this place was horrible. To start, the lobby bathroom smelled terrible. It wasn't clean at all.

Next, we make it to our room and it doesn't look like it has been cleaned in months. It doesn't appear that this places ever cleans. We requested a two bedroom room and got a one bedroom room with a fold out couch.

Both beds had stains all over the sheets. There was black hair in the bed as well. I don't think they cleaned the unit at all. When I brought it to their attention, they didnt care at all. They just said they would do better next time.

The worst part, I stayed with some friends and we decided to split the rate. The total for each was $54. Well, this place decided to charge me $262 total. When I called them, they said it wasn't showing in their system, when it was clearly on my bank statement. The customer service was terrible.

Do not give this place your money. You'll be very disappointed. If I could give a negative rating, I would!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please contact me at the property number, your opinions are important to us.

Kind Regards,
Kirk Hansen
Shilo Inn Idaho Falls

Reviewed 20 August 2018

A pet friendly hotel that's easy to get to from the highway and near amenities (restaurants, Starbucks, Wal-mart, gas stations). Our ground floor room was large with access to the yard that faces the river, the beds were ok, unfortunately the mini-frig quit working. Ample parking. Restaurant was closed for renovation. Check-in was efficient. I'd give the hotel a better rating if it wasn't for the bug bites to my ankle.

Date of stay: August 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful comments and positive ratings you scored us. Please come back and visit us again.
All the best, Kirk

Reviewed 10 August 2018

After a long days drive - made longer because no rooms available in Jackson, WY. We were able to book a room to arrive by 11 pm. They were great on the phone for reserving and Amber was very pleasant when I arrived to check in.
Our room was so big - king bed with sofa. This is a room I could spend a week in. It had a microwave, two sinks, lots of counter space, mini fridge and wide walkways between bed and furniture. Felt more like a studio apt than motel room.
Breakfast was great. They had a good selection of hot food, fruit, yogurt, etc. The woman who was keeping everything clean was also very friendly and service oriented.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and had so many wonderful things to say about our hotel and staff. Hope to see you in Idaho Falls again soon.