“Great start to a vacation...”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
“Great start to a vacation...”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We were looking for an overnight stay around Idaho Falls en route to Phoenix, after reading the reviews on Trip advisor I phoned Candlewood Suites to book a room the girl I spoke with (Paige) was extremely polite & managed to get us a deal of $89 + a $15 fee for our little dog, the rooms were very tastefully decorated & very clean.
This will be our future place of choice when passing through Idaho Falls & I would not hesitate in recommending this Hotel.
A big thumbs up guys......

• Stayed March 2012
lauraballard, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
On behalf of our Idaho Falls Candlewood Suites Team, thanks so much for staying with us! You made our day! We really appreciate you and look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Laura Ballard GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have stayed here on more than one occasion. Although a bit pricey, the rooms are large, bed is comfortable and the kitchenette is convienent if you just want to hide out with a friend. Free wifi and DVD' and dog friendly. On the Snake river pathway, you can walk to Downtown or the River Landing.

• Stayed January 2012
Marotel L, Public Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for your great review! We are glad you were able to take advantage of the beautiful river paths and enjoy the new Snake River Landing edition in Idaho Falls. We hope to see you again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This hotel is AMAZING.....from the staff to the room....BEST place to stay in Idaho Falls....do not look any further.....we are group traveling with a show and hotels are our "home" away from "home" and this hotel did just that...made us feel right at home.....BRAVO to everyone at the Candlewood Suites Idaho Falls....we were sad to leave....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you thank you for such a nice review and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We hope to see you on your next trip to Idaho Falls- thank you!
yyc
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Never having stayed at a Candlewood property before I was a little skeptical, believing it to be a very low-end property. Well, there is nothing low-end about this Idaho Falls property. The room/suite was large, with a great kitchen, including a full-size fridge. We only stayed one night each time within a week of each other on our road trip, but wished we could have stayed longer. We travelled with our dog and the dog area beside the hotel and the path along the river (also adjacent to the hotel) was fantastic. My only neutral comment was that we were only given a queen bed. I'm not sure if they have king beds, but would recommend that you book one as the quuen was a little small for us. We also received a free can of pop from the "candlewood cupboard" along with free bottles of water, probably due to being a Platinum member with Priority Club. The front desk staff, both at check-in and check-out were very friendly and helpful. I had several long distance faxes to send and they didn't even bat an eye. A lot of other hotels could learn a lesson from the staff here on how to treat guests. I am looking forward to staying here again and will definitely make it a regular stop on our road trips to Las Vegas.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank yyclhryyc
Thank you for taking the time to review our property in Idaho Falls. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our amenities. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through! Thank You!
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is my second extended stay at a Candlewood Suites, see my other review for an almost 2 month stay at Candlewood in Boise, Idaho.
I chose this property based on my prior experience and was not disappointed. Great location right on the river, which allowed for a relaxing and beautiful stroll after work each day.
Every staff member I dealt with was wonderful ~ welcoming, funny, kindly and professional. My room was very comfortable and the kitchen was clean and stocked with all the basic equipment needed to prepare a decent meal on the road. Was there a food processor, quiche pan or deluxe German cutlery? No ~ but the basics were there in new condition and clean. No crumbs in the kitchen drawers either, which is really gross in a hotel kitchenette. It's so nice to pop "home" during lunch and just make yourself lunch.
Free washer and dryer on-site, so you can pack less. Detergent and softener are sold at a reasonable price in the "honor" Candlewood Cupboard (you just shop, fill out a form and drop it in the box - you can pay separately upon checkout or leave on your bill). I just buy smallest size upon arrival and leave any extra in the laundry room with a note to help yourself.
This property does not have the free breakfast room, but I usually just eat in my room. Most Candlewoods have this option, so I thought I should mention in.
Housekeeping was great, they even unloaded my dishwasher and washed my breakfast dishes.
This trip I had a studio unit (no separate bedroom) but still found it quite comfortable. At first glance the leather recliner looks suspiciously uncomfortable, but try it out ~ I thought it more comfy than my own at home.
Parking and access is easy, with enough carts to count on one to haul up your groceries.
Tip: Idaho Falls does not have a coffee stand on each corner like Boise or other towns. For 50 cents you can get the little hotel sized coffee/filter combo and make your own each morning. They even provide travel cups, lids, creamer & sugar. Dishtowel, potholder and dishcloth are provided.
Beds are double sheeted, with great pillows and comfortable mattress. Shower has great water pressure and a human sized tub with a clean shower curtain (if it touches you it won't gross you out). Due to commercial processing I do find their towels a little stiff, but when I do laundry I just toss them in and they fluff right up. You can always use the provided laundry basket, take them to the front desk and trade for clean if you want.
Housekeeping is once a week, so if you check in over the weekend check with the front desk about your cleaning day. I enjoy the privacy of once a week housekeeping, particularly since I know they will deal with any problems upon request.
Once thing to be aware of, the first night the refrigerator made a horrible noise and the next morning I stopped by the front desk. Turns out if the fridge is pushed too far back it stresses the cooling unit and fan, which creates the noise. Mr. Maintenance Guy was at the front desk and promised to take care of it, which he did ~ leaving a note and chocolate as apology. Can't ask for more!
Workout room was clean, comfortable with all equipment working; it adjoins the laundry, so you can walk a few miles while your laundry processes.
I am returning for another 4 weeks in October, when I will be enjoying a 1 br unit. Be sure I wouldn't return if my stay hadn't been great; there are too many other options.
Not staying 2 weeks? I'd stay anyway, prices are comparable to a regular hotel, with benefits.

Room Tip: For a bit more try for a balcony room overlooking the river.