“Absolutely Awesome!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hayden Lake B&B and Inns
Clinton, Oklahoma
“Absolutely Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have visited this Bed and Breakfast for a couple of years now. I visit during the summer while Ron Pass is playing in the Piano Bar. I cannot say enough good about my stays. The owners and staff are into making your stay the best ever. I have stayed in the Nanny's Room and the Honeysuckle Suite. Both are excellent but I like the Honeysuckle Suite better because it is on the 2nd floor. The food is excellent. The entertainment in the Piano Bar is more than excellent. It is a time of good food, good drinks, good friends and great entertainment. Being out in the "boonies", it is so quiet. Hardly hear any street noise at all. The grounds are immaculately kept. Hayden Lake is only steps away. Coeur d'Alene is only minutes away and provides many of the amenities found in larger cities. If I sound excited, that is because I am. I will be going again in August 2012.

Room Tip: The steps to the 3rd floor are a little steep. Since I am an older gentleman, I found the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank BDH1306
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manistee, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Staff: excellent
Setting: beautiful
Property: Beautiful
Food: More than excellent
Entertainment: Pianoman/entertainer, funny, witty, excellent musician, and fantastic entertainment.
Clark house is an excellent retreat for relaxation, I would definately return, no question.
Thank you Clark house. and staff.

Room Tip: From what I saw, there are NO bad rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I own Coeur d' Alene Photography and I am the exclusive photographer for the Clark House. I started photographing weddings at the Clark House and loved being there ever since. The owners are amazing and the food is excellent! I am part of a group called The Best of The Best and The Clark House is part of this organization. We did a photo shoot there with Hallmark flowers, Samules Jewlers and Story Book Bridal along with Mr. Tux. I was the photographer for the models that represented The Best of The Best and over 3000 cards went out through Coeur 'd Alene and the Spokane area.
I truely recommend having dinner or going to the Piano Bar during the summer, it is a blast. You can also stay at the Clark House and enjoy dinner and breakfast. The views are breath taking. It is a must if you have not had the opportunity to visit The Clark House, you should. I give it 5 stars.
Coeur d' Alene Photography ~ Pennie Collinson

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had no idea that driving through the Idaho Panhandle would be so beautiful. But the drive down 95 from Sandpoint was incredibly stressful due to all the construction on the road. Once we got to Clark House, that stress immediately melted away. Mark assured us that everything was relaxed and low-key, and proved it with a couple glasses of badly-needed wine as we checked in. Even though we had gotten there just in time for our dinner reservation, it wasn't a problem to get settled in and freshened up before heading down to the dining room. We enjoyed a leisurely, delicious meal at our own pace. The piano bar drew a loyal (and loud) crowd, and those who enjoy lounge singer-style entertainment might really appreciate it. But luckily the dining room is far enough away that you are not forced to enjoy the piano bar, and it closes down early enough to not cause a problem for sleeping. Both the bedroom and the bathroom were huge and very comfortable. Mark served us a great breakfast the next day. He is really a high-energy, nice guy who just wants to make sure you are enjoying your stay. The mansion is beautiful and the lakeshore is just right for a scenic stroll. We were sorry we had to leave so soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keeptraveling10
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in nearby Couer d'Alene. The accommodations were terrific. Quiet, peaceful no television and a 15 minute drive into Couer d'Alene. Rooms were clean and charming, but this is an older house so don't expect anything super modern in the way of amenities. We did not get to eat dinner here but based on the outstanding complimentary breakfast, we probably missed out on a very good meal. The host made us feel like we were staying as a guest in his home, unobtrusive, friendly and accommodating. Priced less than the newer hotel chain in CDA with twice the character, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
9.8 km away
The Roosevelt Inn
The Roosevelt Inn
#2 of 10 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Clark House on Hayden Lake? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK