All reviews the bus lovely hotel sea view the hustle and bustle would return to this hotel croissants day ticket water buses main venice stayed here for nights cheap hotel other islands third floor continental breakfast good size would highly recommend this hotel peace and quiet
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Location: We loved being on the Lido island of Venice - it was lovely and peaceful but still had great places to eat. The hotel is a rather long walk from the water taxi drop off but there are buses available if wanted. Very easy to get to/from the main island and was great to end the days on the but calmer and chilled island. The hotel looks extremely run down from the outside and is in need of a good facelift (especially considering the massive hotel it neighbors).
Room: The room itself was nice, we had a small balcony overlooking the water and the facilities were clean and well cared for inside.
Breakfast: Disappointing. Very, very small selection for a 4-star hotel. Only bacon, scrambled eggs, cereal and pastries available along with cheap bread.
Staff: Friendly and helpful and showed us where everything was on the island.
Wi-fi: Bad. we had a terrible wi-fi connection and were glad we were only staying 2 nights.
Overall we thought that it probably used to be a nice 4-star hotel but now the level had dropped down to 3-star. A bit disappointing since Venice was one of our favourite stops.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Highly recommended hotel, but upgrade the room from economy to superior is worth the extra money.
My room had a balcony and and a fantastic view over the beach and ocean. The air conditioning was perfect and adjustable. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was also with scrambled eggs and bacon. Very good espresso.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2016

Visited here in may as a suprise for my boyfriends 21st. On arrival the hotel from the outside is absolutely awful. The inside is a lot better, but after looking at the floor plan we were the only room without a balcony! The rooms themselves are nice, clean and comfortable althought the shower and tap were both damaged so badly that I accidently cut myself on the shower handle. The breakfast really lets the hotel down. The only hot food available is egg and bacon which would usually be great but the choice of other food was so disappointing. The croissants were all filled with apricot jam, non plain and the bread was horrible cheap white bread. Many mornings we ate only bread and jam because of the lack of choice, not really my idea of a holiday!
Although I list negative points about the hotel this is purely because the price is too high for the quality, the hotel is not bad. The staff were all really kind and helpful!
The location - although it has great reviews could be better though it isn't awful. It is on the beach which is nice but it is a long walk down the lido. There is a bus stop not far from the hotel which is convenient, we got the bus to the waterfront everyday cause it is just too far to walk. The water buses are fantastic, you can pay for a 3 day ticket and you can use them as much as you like, such a lovely ride and you can get over to the mainland in 10 minutes.
I understand that hotels in Venice are expensive because of the location but I really do not think this hotel is worth the price.

Room Tip: Balcony with sea view
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on our anniversary weekend break for 3 nights. We thought the location was great, nice to be in Lido which is away from the hustle of Venice city. The hotel was good, our economy room was bigger than anticipated and very clean. We even had a side balcony which over looked the beach. Staff were friendly, breakfast was average - yoghurt, cereal, eggs, toast but replenished frequently. Hot drinks from a machine so not great. Apart from that we enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Lovely hotel in the Lido, I had a single room but the bed was a small double which was a surprise. Only drawback was it faced the street and if your window was open it did get a bit noisy .
Breakfast was great as there was plenty of choice. Don't think you could have been disappointed but you can never please everyone.
I chose this hotel as it's my 3rd time in Venice and I wanted to get away from the city , from the hustle and bustle.
There is plenty of restaurants on the way to the hotel, some slightly better than others but mainly all serving the same kind of food..
I would recommend buying a pass for the waterbus and public transport on the Lidocaine, I bought mine for 7 days for €60, thought this was a bit steep but when you realise it's €7.50 for a single journey it's good value.
I imagine this area will get very busy during July/Agust as the beach is 7miles long and popular with families at the weekends

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank pod1961
MareaHotels, Responsabile reception at Hotel Petit Palais, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear pod1961,

so we wait you in the summer :)
Best regards,