“totally wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
Syracuse, NY
“totally wonderful!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My husband and I just got back....Can't say enough wonderful things....activities were great and varied, entertainment perfect and great fun, accommodations were clean, comfortable and just rustic enough and best of all was the staff and personal attention...Staff knew your name, special requests honored etc. It was a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. You could tailor activities to your needs, very low key....Can't think of one negative comment to make. Although I just went with my husband I would think this would be a wonderful place for families with children as well....only wish I had brought my kids when they were younger!!

Jackie

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenkadish
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York
Reviewed 5 September 2011

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I am reminded this week of the wonderful family vacation we took last year at this time at Red Horse Mountain Ranch. My nine-year old daughter, who is the only horseback rider in the family, had been asking us constantly to go to a dude ranch for vacation. We chose Red Horse Mountain because of its location in the beautiful Idaho mountains, the opportunity to enjoy the mountains while riding, and its many other activities. We also wanted a ranch where Mom and Dad could relax and enjoy themselves without the work and early morning activities of a “working dude ranch.” Red Horse Mountain far exceeded our expectations.
The riding was wonderful with lots of helpful wranglers to assist those of us who are not experienced riders. The scenery was breathtaking. We also enjoyed the many other activities that the ranch has to offer. We did it all…fly fishing lessons at the ranch, boating and fishing on the nearby lake, archery where my son took pride in hitting the moving raptor target (which was very hard to do), sporting clays, the zip line, climbing wall and challenge course, swimming and a guided fishing trip. My teenage son who is not very interested in horseback riding especially loved to go mountain biking and could enjoy the many other activities at the ranch with a guide while the rest of us rode the horses. The cabins were clean and very comfortable. The meals were great and served family-style, giving us an opportunity to get to know the other guests who were staying at the lodge and involved in ranch activities with us. Cory, his family and all staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Because the ranch was not crowded at the end of August, they could (and did) arrange for us to do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted to do it. We had a fantastic and memorable time with our family there. We hope to return soon to enjoy the splendor of the Idaho mountains, Red Horse Ranch’s hospitality, and the many fun activities at the Ranch.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Familytraveler1111
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Everything about the Red Horse Mountain Dude Ranch was perfect. Everyone was incredibly nice. The food was great. The rooms were so nice and comfortable. We loved the riding and all the other actives. Unlike some other ranches, Red Horse Mountain was particularly welcoming and accommodating to younger children - my three-year old got to go on the trial rides on a lead line! Older kids, of course, had a blast too. Thanks to all those who posted reviews of this ranch previously and helped me to find this perfect place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Emmeline R
columbus
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this vacation. My sisters and I (all adults)stayed for a full week. We were looking for somewhere we could go and spend some quality sister time together while having a challenging exciting adventure. We found the right spot. We discovered a love of horseback riding. In one riding lesson, my sisters went from novice riders to cantering and were allowed on the advanced trail rides (I had already done a little riding before). The advanced rides were amazing. We loved the riding so much that we ended up on a horse about 5 hours a day. But the great thing is, you can do what you want. If the riding was not for you, there were so many other activities there that there was never a shortage of options. In fact, we didn't get to do everything we wanted because we just plain ran out of time.

I can't say enough about the food, either. It was so great and plenty of it. And then there's the staff. What an awesome group of people. Very down to earth and willing to accomodate just about anyone or anything. We spent a lot of time hanging out with them during happy hour(s) and they were hilarious! Thanks guys!

I would highly recommend this vacation for anyone with children. All the kids there were happy and busy and very polite. Secondarily, like ourselves, I also recommend this vacation for grown ups!! It was a great getaway from everyday life and I left with a great sense of peace and calm. Leave your cell phone and laptops behind!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank blythe_ohio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
23.3 km away
9.8 km away
Lakeview Lodge
Lakeview Lodge
#2 of 6 in Harrison

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK