See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2016

This place is nicer than I expected. true, no microwave or fridge, but I have plenty of coolers with me. the room, double queen is very large, nice flat screen tv, fast wifi, comfy bed, very clean, the grounds are beautiful! I could definitely see having a wedding here outside at the gazebo, then a reception I. the restaurant. just very pretty. true its a small pool, I would call it a large oaking pool, but hey, better than no pool. no phone in the room, but do you really need one? who doesn't have a cell phone in this day and age, mine works just fine here. and very happy they welcomed my sweet little dog, Georgie.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Sad to see a big place closed. Would have hoped it could have survived - not sure why... Big place was empty and for sale. Even the storefronts by it with same style were primarily closed. Makes the place seem semi-deserted right on the corner as you come into town.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Frankie D, Manager at The Inn at Priest Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

We are actually open :-) We were closed for the winter season as we have been doing the last years, but we opened mid May and will have lodging available through September. Please call 208.443.2447 if you would like to make a reservation!

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

Hotel is getting run down. Not very
Clean. Pool needs work. Place is for sale. Convenient to many places & people at front desk were accommodating. Can walk to places to eat or buy food. Found big ants in room. Ugh.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our friends were staying at a nearby resort for a week and invited us to join them for a few days. We decided to get our own room for the night so as not to crowd our friends the entire time. Checking online, The Inn at Priest Lake, came to our attention. It is located in Coolin, however not within walking distance of Priest Lake itself.

My wife called to book the reservation and we were told that a one-night stay would cost $120.00 (plus tax) for a room with two Queen beds and a Kitchenette. By the time we checked-in, we were exhausted. It wasn't until we were in the room for a bit before we noticed the beds were "Double" not Queens and there was no Kitchenette. Walking to the lobby, I found it had been closed for the night and there was a number to call in case of "emergency". Upon checking out the next morning, the clerk told us we reserved a two-bed Queen room and that a Kitchenette would have cost $140.00 (plus tax) a night, not $120.00.

The Inn at Priest Lake in its printed materials refers to itself as a "hotel". Regrettably, the facility has a lobby, guest rooms, one ice machine, no soft drink machines (the only one there is "broken").
There is a restaurant and bar facility at the Inn, however it is (and has been) "closed". There is a small outdoor pool. The lobby area has a small bookcase with some books and a handful of games that guests may use during their stay. There are NO telephones in the guest rooms. There is no Internet access and the "cable television" gives access to about five channels. Half a block away there is a coin operated laundromat ("Suds and Duds"). Ardy's Bakery and Cafe is walking distance and has very good food at reasonable prices (open 7-days a week - 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)

The guest rooms are very clean, yet quite spartan. In addition to not having telephones, you need to go the the Lobby and ask to secure any items such as hair dryers, etc., etc.

The employees, during the hours that they are on-duty (7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.), are very friendly and helpful, yet most of the questions posed by guests are answered "no" or "we don't have that".

If you want a clean, quiet, spartan room, The Inn at Priest Lake is your place, assuming that you don't mind paying 150% of retail.

This clearly is not an "Inn", nor is it a "Hotel". This place is a low-level "Motel".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My parents have owned a cabin near Coolin for years now and I have driven by this place hundreds of times and have never noticed the RV Park behind the hotel. Once I purchased an RV 2 years ago I heard of the RV park. The RV park has Full hookups including cable. I wish they had more than 4 channels on rainy days though. We had full access to the hotel swimming pool which was always clean. The place is almost vacant on weekdays so it was like having everything to your self, but really picks up on weekends in the summer. I wish the RV park allowed camp fires or had fire pits. We stayed last year on the last weekend the RV park was open in October. Had the whole place to ourselves with two RVs so it was a good time. There is plenty of things to do at priest lake year around and this place is pretty centrally located for me. This is a hidden gem in my opinion witch I hesitate to tell anyone about on one hand. On the other hand I want them to succeed so they will always be around and have the ability to make the improvements the desire.Also they have clean bathrooms with showers for those RVers without those facilities or for those that break down like ours did on one visit. The Hotel restaurant is currently closed but there is great food across the street at the Mooseknuckle Restaurant. That is not a joke either. You can look it up.

Room Tip: We stayed in the RV park
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family