See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our friends were staying at a nearby resort for a week and invited us to join them for a few days. We decided to get our own room for the night so as not to crowd our friends the entire time. Checking online, The Inn at Priest Lake, came to our attention. It is located in Coolin, however not within walking distance of Priest Lake itself.

My wife called to book the reservation and we were told that a one-night stay would cost $120.00 (plus tax) for a room with two Queen beds and a Kitchenette. By the time we checked-in, we were exhausted. It wasn't until we were in the room for a bit before we noticed the beds were "Double" not Queens and there was no Kitchenette. Walking to the lobby, I found it had been closed for the night and there was a number to call in case of "emergency". Upon checking out the next morning, the clerk told us we reserved a two-bed Queen room and that a Kitchenette would have cost $140.00 (plus tax) a night, not $120.00.

The Inn at Priest Lake in its printed materials refers to itself as a "hotel". Regrettably, the facility has a lobby, guest rooms, one ice machine, no soft drink machines (the only one there is "broken").
There is a restaurant and bar facility at the Inn, however it is (and has been) "closed". There is a small outdoor pool. The lobby area has a small bookcase with some books and a handful of games that guests may use during their stay. There are NO telephones in the guest rooms. There is no Internet access and the "cable television" gives access to about five channels. Half a block away there is a coin operated laundromat ("Suds and Duds"). Ardy's Bakery and Cafe is walking distance and has very good food at reasonable prices (open 7-days a week - 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)

The guest rooms are very clean, yet quite spartan. In addition to not having telephones, you need to go the the Lobby and ask to secure any items such as hair dryers, etc., etc.

The employees, during the hours that they are on-duty (7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.), are very friendly and helpful, yet most of the questions posed by guests are answered "no" or "we don't have that".

If you want a clean, quiet, spartan room, The Inn at Priest Lake is your place, assuming that you don't mind paying 150% of retail.

This clearly is not an "Inn", nor is it a "Hotel". This place is a low-level "Motel".

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My parents have owned a cabin near Coolin for years now and I have driven by this place hundreds of times and have never noticed the RV Park behind the hotel. Once I purchased an RV 2 years ago I heard of the RV park. The RV park has Full hookups including cable. I wish they had more than 4 channels on rainy days though. We had full access to the hotel swimming pool which was always clean. The place is almost vacant on weekdays so it was like having everything to your self, but really picks up on weekends in the summer. I wish the RV park allowed camp fires or had fire pits. We stayed last year on the last weekend the RV park was open in October. Had the whole place to ourselves with two RVs so it was a good time. There is plenty of things to do at priest lake year around and this place is pretty centrally located for me. This is a hidden gem in my opinion witch I hesitate to tell anyone about on one hand. On the other hand I want them to succeed so they will always be around and have the ability to make the improvements the desire.Also they have clean bathrooms with showers for those RVers without those facilities or for those that break down like ours did on one visit. The Hotel restaurant is currently closed but there is great food across the street at the Mooseknuckle Restaurant. That is not a joke either. You can look it up.

Room Tip: We stayed in the RV park
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

There is nothing special about this place, but the price was fair for where it is (4 miles from beautiful Priest Lake) and what you get. I believe that this hotel was closed for 2-4 years during the great recession, and re-opened this year. I'd like to see them make a go of it, and understand that they may be under-capitalized right now.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs ask for room on first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had to travel to Northern Idaho for the EMT & Fire Training "skills week" session last week and after reading the reviews of The Inn at Priest Lake, I was a bit concerned about the accommodations.

The hotel has been recently renovated and was far better than I was expecting. Since I was part of the EMS Academy I received a discounted rate of just $60 a night for a suite with a kitchen (stove, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, dishes and utensils), living room, and Jacuzzi tub, along with a king sized bed.

Since the attached restaurant has not yet reopened after the remodel, The Inn catered all of our meals for the week by bringing in a chef who was amazing. Each delicious meal was something different and no one left hungry. I had never heard of a Bourbon, Bacon, Caramel cake before, but after trying it I want to find it again. Three wonderful tastes combined into one delicious desert, simply incredible.

The staff of The Inn were very pleasant and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed.

I will be planning a vacation back to the area next summer and we will definitely stay at The Inn at Priest Lake again.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a suite if possible, its well worth it for the conveniences you receive.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank RC A
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at the Inn at Priest Lake for a family reunion. Luckily, we were not in the room much. As the last reviewer said, there was no hair dryer(and none to borrow), no iron, no frig or microwave and the room had a cat smell. Wealled the staff to check our heater that was continually on, and they couold not fix it. We had to use the air conditioner to balance out the heat n the room. There was no staff from 8:00 at night to 7:00 in the morning but the front door was left open. I did think te room was overpriced for the amenities provided.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lwhybark
Frankie D, Manager at The Inn at Priest Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for choosing the Inn at Priest Lake to stay for your family reunion. In response to your review, I would like to apologize if your stay was not as you would have liked it. It sounds like there was some mis-communication going on - The desk hours during the summer as were posted at the desk and in the rooms were 10 pm on week nights and 11 pm on Fridays/Saturday. Our live in staff member has a an apartment above the desk as is reachable during non-business hours. It's true at this point, we do not have microwaves in our standard rooms (kitchenette rooms are available with microwaves and small fridges), but we do have blow dryers available at the desk for use as well as irons and ironing boards. We hope that you will visit again.