All reviews made to order breakfast we loved our stay every morning upon check next morning definitely stay here again bed and breakfast motel beds downtown cleanliness channels
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Very comfortable place to stay. I may have been spoiled here as I stayed during a slow time and was the lone guest for the entire hotel. But it was easy to see that the folks that run the Japan House take comfort seriously.
Very reasonable rate and the breakfasts in the morning made hiking in the surrounding area easier.
Simplicity is a word I think describes their rooms. A very clean and comfortable environment and a no frills attitude.
I will return here again and again as I have also fallen in love with Coeur d'Alene.
Their cat, Jubilee is pretty awesome too!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with the fam. It was clean and the shower was nice. I thought the beds were really comfy. Only thing that bugged me was not having a private place to change other then the bathroom. Maybe add a curtain in the sink/closet area? Not a complaint just an idea I had. There are very friendly, inviting people that work there. And the breakfast in the morning was good. I will definitely keep this place in mind when visiting Coeur d'Alene in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2015

The new beds and bedclothes really dress up this place. It's clean, convenient, and there is good food within walking distance. What really makes this place however is they really make you feel at home. I had a rough weekend to get through--and the management made it bearable. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes good energy, and a clean no-nonsense place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SporMonster
Reviewed 6 August 2015

wonderful locale and great staff who are very helpful and friendly. You can't beat the homemade breakfast. It is close to downtown just a few blocks away so the location is great...and near the centennial bike trail too!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2015

My wife and I were going to be in Coeur d'Alene for one night and decided to throw the dice and stay at the Japan House Suites. We felt like we were back in the 70's. It reminded us of the motor lodges we stayed at as kids. But the room was clean, the shower was hot, and the bed was comfortable. What more could you ask for?

When we arrived and went into the dining/reception building, no one was around. After ringing the bell several times, my wife walked around outside and got the attention of someone to check us in. The were very welcoming. A cooked to order breakfast is included, but just be warned that when you check in you will be asked to choose what you want to eat and what time you want to eat. We chose scrambled eggs, toast, orange juice, and I had sausage, my wife had bacon. The food was good. Your choices are fairly limited, such as oatmeal, eggs, coffee, toast, I don't remember what else.

There are no phones in the room, so if you need anything, you need to call on your cell phone. No big deal. Also, even though their sign advertises free internet, I had
to call to get the password.

The hotel is fairly close to the downtown area. About a 5 minute drive or 15-20 minute walk.

I would have no reservations recommending the Japan House Suites to anyone looking for an affordable nights stay in Coeur d'Alene.

Date of stay: July 2015