“Used to be our favorite”

Fisherman's Market and Grill
Ranked #45 of 274 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We went here with another couple. It used to be our favorite place for sushi. But this time it was just ok. The Godzilla roll ,which is my all time favorite, was really dry and lacking in eel sauce, so I asked for a small side of it. They said it would cost me extra. More then 1.00 more. I am sorry, I just spent 70 on sushi and they wanted to charge me for it. I was pretty put off by this. With all the other options in the area I will probably not go back.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I'm not normally a grumpy guy (see my other reviews) but I'd advise doing a chain like Red Lobster before this.

You know you're in trouble when the person taking the orders at the counter doesn't know what cole slaw is -- or what's in it. After much back and forth, we agreed an order and she handed us a receipt with a big tip blank for a place where there is no service! We were told we'd be called when it was "up." As it happened, I started reading and my wife finally went to find the food -- it had been cooling on the counter for us while I read.

The large breaded snapper I ordered had the thickest, over-cooked, tasteless breading I've encountered anywhere but I've got to say the tomato salsa -- if that's what it was -- had some real zest to it. One win for the evening, anyway. Then we lost on the grilled fishwich -- it hadn't spent enough time on the grill.

This is also the place that closed at 8 PM Friday evening on 11 August 2017 but neglected to tell the customers. We walked in, inspected the offerings, and waited while the counter troops played with paperwork. Once they deigned to look up at us, it was "Oh!! We're closed." Too many self-absorbed teens to provide normal service at this spot.

My advice: give'em a year to shake things out and then try, maybe in summer 2018.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of our regular lunch stops and it never disappoints - really good halibut, cod, and oysters. The fries and coleslaw are always very good too. The ordering set-up is to wait in line, place your order, pay and then pick up your food. Pretty efficient and effective for moving people through during busy lunch times. You can also order bulk fish from the market counter as well as sushi from the sushi-bar. Arrive early if you visit on a Friday..

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We travel a lot and try the seafood everywhere we go. We had the fried halibut that was great. Sushi was fresh and good also. The clam chowder was ok. Needs more clams and less dill. Cole slaw was blah...needs more flavor. The tartars we tried were great! Love the idea of several to pick from. French fries were very good.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

The sushi was pretty good. The rest of the food (fish and chips, mussels, chowder, etc) was just fine, but it wasn't knock out incredible. We spent about $75 for 5 of us. The problem was the wait. I'll bet it took 25 minutes to get our food. The first person in our party had completed her meal before we even got ours. It got busy AFTER we ordered, but it wasn't crazy in front of us. With the higher price, the long wait, and the slightly above average food I'll probably explore around other places before coming directly back here.