See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews on this place, I was pretty nervous about our reservation. After driving from Colorado for 2 days, we were ready to begin our vacation. We arrived pretty early. About 11am. We were greeted by a lovely young lady, who happened to be the manager/owner. She asked if we had a reservation and we told her that we did, but we were early. After learning of our super long trip, she went out of her way to put us in a room right away. Her staff worked quickly to ready a room. My husband and I were pretty grateful. The room was small. Nothing fancy, nothing to write home about BUT...the view was breathtaking and the room was clean. I later learned that the current owners are trying very hard to renovate the inn. They are a young couple trying to live the American dream. Their entire staff was extremely warm and down to earth. It made us proud to support such hard working individuals. The BENNETT BAY INN, is not the Ritz, nor is it the average fly by night place to rest one’s head. The BENNETT BAY INN, welcomes you, with all its flaws and difficulties, that are so easy to find and judge this sweet young couple by. A couple miles up that road, one can find private beaches in minutes versus, staying in a noisy place in town. I can guarantee you that, no other hotel will treat you as if you’re the only guest. If you’re not looking for luxury and you’re okay with no frills, I totally recommend this place. Give these kids a chance. You won’t regret it! The photos were taken from the deck, outside of our room. Oh, and if you like blackberries, there’s a GIANT bush. Pick all you want. Also, they’re pet friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Imagine a 50’s era strip motor motel called an “Inn” and you might want to seek guidance, but nonetheless, the Bennett Bay Inn is a strip of rooms weather beaten and with dubious electrical wiring, but functions and has a wonderfully awesome view of The Lake from the very Northeast corner of Lake Coeur d’Alene. Basically, rooms here are the cheapest view accommodations available next to Aunt Minnie’s summer house guest room. Double beds and showers pass muster, and all is clean and friendly. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018

STAY AWAY. This place is dirty, run down and uninhabitable. We paid and checked in -- the room they gave us was so musty it gave my wife an asthma attack. There was either mold or burn marks on the comforters. There were chewed sunflower seeds on the floor. The fountain outside was a dirty trickle. The managers had a loose pit bull roaming the property. They live in squalor in the room off the lobby. Wildly unacceptable conditions. The deck was dry-rotted. We left immediately. They will not refund our money. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were on a weekend road trip and this motel was recommended to us because we were looking for a hotel with a hot tub. When we checked in we were told by the male behind the desk that each room had a hot tub. During the conversation he stated that he was the "owner". He stated that each room had a theme and that he cleaned and drained the hot tubs after every stay. We looked at the room, it was out dated and had an African theme. It was late in the evening and we decided to give it a go. We immediately went to dinner after getting the keys. Upon our return we used that bathroom and the toilet did not flush. We called the desk and told them of our problem and a female stated that they would be right there to fix the plugged toilet. Time passed and no one showed up. We personally went to the desk to get a plunger so we could clear the toilet ourselves. The female became very snotty and stated he would be right there!! I stated that would not be necessary and that we would just like to check out and asked for a refund. She stated that she could not issue a refund. I walked back to the room to pick up our luggage and met the owner in the parking. I told him that we were just going to check out and he could refund our credit card. He became EXTREMELY defensive and stated that, "I am going to fix your toilet now!!!" I told him again that we just wanted a refund. He stated, are you interrupting my business? I think you are and grabbed his phone and backed up in a defensive posture and threatened to call the police on me. He then stated your "personality changed" since I checked in. I told him I just needed a plunger and you are now threatening to call the police on me. The owner appeared to be intoxicated or under the influence of something. Once back in the room we could here him trying to unplug the toilet from a crawl space. The toilet was never unplugged. We then had to file a disputed charge with our credit card company. It took two months to resolve the charge in our favor. Needless, to say this business as major issues!!!!!! He needs to cut his loses and find another source of employment!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
14  Thank BrianJ2979
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. They promised us a certain room and confirmed it with us verbally- but said since it wasn't on paper they couldn't do anything about it. The owner barricaded himself in our room and refused to let us stays the Inn and charged us the 400$ after promising a refund (which we never got!), nor did we get service for the 3 days we paid for. Cops were called. WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD!!! NEVER AGAIN. DO NO STAY HERE!!! I'd rather sleep in my car then give them my money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family