See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2018

STAY AWAY. This place is dirty, run down and uninhabitable. We paid and checked in -- the room they gave us was so musty it gave my wife an asthma attack. There was either mold or burn marks on the comforters. There were chewed sunflower seeds on the floor. The fountain outside was a dirty trickle. The managers had a loose pit bull roaming the property. They live in squalor in the room off the lobby. Wildly unacceptable conditions. The deck was dry-rotted. We left immediately. They will not refund our money. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We were on a weekend road trip and this motel was recommended to us because we were looking for a hotel with a hot tub. When we checked in we were told by the male behind the desk that each room had a hot tub. During the conversation he stated that he was the "owner". He stated that each room had a theme and that he cleaned and drained the hot tubs after every stay. We looked at the room, it was out dated and had an African theme. It was late in the evening and we decided to give it a go. We immediately went to dinner after getting the keys. Upon our return we used that bathroom and the toilet did not flush. We called the desk and told them of our problem and a female stated that they would be right there to fix the plugged toilet. Time passed and no one showed up. We personally went to the desk to get a plunger so we could clear the toilet ourselves. The female became very snotty and stated he would be right there!! I stated that would not be necessary and that we would just like to check out and asked for a refund. She stated that she could not issue a refund. I walked back to the room to pick up our luggage and met the owner in the parking. I told him that we were just going to check out and he could refund our credit card. He became EXTREMELY defensive and stated that, "I am going to fix your toilet now!!!" I told him again that we just wanted a refund. He stated, are you interrupting my business? I think you are and grabbed his phone and backed up in a defensive posture and threatened to call the police on me. He then stated your "personality changed" since I checked in. I told him I just needed a plunger and you are now threatening to call the police on me. The owner appeared to be intoxicated or under the influence of something. Once back in the room we could here him trying to unplug the toilet from a crawl space. The toilet was never unplugged. We then had to file a disputed charge with our credit card company. It took two months to resolve the charge in our favor. Needless, to say this business as major issues!!!!!! He needs to cut his loses and find another source of employment!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
14  Thank BrianJ2979
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. They promised us a certain room and confirmed it with us verbally- but said since it wasn't on paper they couldn't do anything about it. The owner barricaded himself in our room and refused to let us stays the Inn and charged us the 400$ after promising a refund (which we never got!), nor did we get service for the 3 days we paid for. Cops were called. WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD!!! NEVER AGAIN. DO NO STAY HERE!!! I'd rather sleep in my car then give them my money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank angelpaullin08
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This is a very charming local inn. We found the to be staff helpful and friendly. The location was close both to town and dining with a great view at sunset from the common area. The property didn't contain lake access but this was available just a short distance away. If you are looking for a good value and a fun local motel/hotel in the area check this place out. I do recommend verifying your booking prior to arriving if your accommodations aren't reserved directly.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I do not know how these people stay in business.
We showed up after dark, but right away we could see how run down he place is. They had messed up our room and finally found a room for us.
Once we got into our room....it was not good. The room had an indoor jacuzzi (yes we should have known better) and there were lots of bugs flying around in the room.
The room was not clean!
The TV did not work.
We were NOT staying!
My husband complained and asked if there might be another/cleaner room because it was late a night. But she said no and she wasn't giving a refund.
We went to leave but I went to speak to the front desk person to ask who the manager is...and she said she is the manager. When I said we weren't staying due to the condition and we want a refund. She told me no refund and when I said that I was not going to pay...she started calling me names, yelling obscenities, physically chased me out of the office and started throwing things at me! I warned her that I was going to call the police due to her verbal and physical threats and she just continued chasing me toward our car!

This was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I'm reporting them to the police, better business bureau and health department.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple