“Homemade everything ice cream shop”
Review of Abi's Ice Cream

Abi's Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 18 Dessert in Coeur d'Alene
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 6
Description: Abi's Ice Cream is a locally owned and operated specialty ice cream shop & cafe in beautiful Coeur d'Alene, ID recently voted top ice cream shop in Coeur d'Alene and #2 in in Idaho! We create all our ice creams, sorbets and vegan ice creams in small batches in the shop everyday without the use of artificial flavors or ice cream stabilizers found in high production ice creams. Our process assures that we serve the freshest and most flavorful product possible. We also create gourmet hot chocolates, espressos, pour-over coffees, cookies, and other treats. Plus we are a peanut and tree-nut free facility. ​ Abi's creates new ice cream & sorbet flavors weekly. Come into our shop to try our new flavors often or indulge in one of our ice creams that we make sure to have on hand all year: Malted Vanilla Toffee Chocolate Chip, Brown Sugar Bourbon, Chocolate Orange Sorbet or Mango Cilantro Sorbet.
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stopped in after dinner for ice cream as they advertised everything is made on site with no preservatives. Ice cream was OK. No complaints from the kids, but I’d had better. Fresh made on site was completely true, but comes with a catch. Since it was summer, and the hottest week of the year in the area (if you believe the radio), they seemed to be struggling to keep up with demand. Two of the three flavors we picked had “just been made and weren’t quite finished firming up.” (i.e., the scoops of ice cream were so soft that they didn’t hold their shape and almost had the consistency of soft serve.) Regardless, you get ice cream for the taste and temperature, not for it’s shape or stiffness but, as I mentioned, I’d tasted better. I’d go back, but will probably try one of the other local spots before I do.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I like this quaint local Ice Cream store. They make the ice cream from scratch which is a plus for me if I'm wanting a nice treat on a hot summers day. They also have vegan options for those of us who don't partake of animal products. I like the options there. They have a very yummy lavender ice as well as some very interesting sorbets.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Delicious homemade ice cream and sorbet. Cookies too. Very nice staff. I cannot eat dairy and loved the Mango Cilantro sorbet. They make their own cones too and they are delicious . Waffle cones are a bit thinner than is typical so be careful.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I wanted to go back the next day it was so delicious! Ordered a scoop of huckleberry ice cream with the huckleberry sauce in a handmade waffle cone. Not only was the ice cream to die for but the waffle cone was a thin, crispy flavorful delight. All natural ingredients. Dog friendly too! Had doggie biscuits on the counter and even menu items for did so he won't feel left out.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Great ice cream. We repaired here after a meal across the road. Huge choice and interesting and unusal flavlouors. Hand made. I hade a cone with salted caramel and rose petal flavoured white chocolate chip! Mmmmmm.