Sunset Resort and Campground
US$ 123
Days Inn International Falls(International Falls)
US$ 118
US$ 73
Hotels.com
US$ 117
US$ 109
Thunderbird Lodge(International Falls)
Falls Motel(International Falls)
Hilltop Motel(International Falls)
Tee Pee Motel(International Falls)
Knights Inn International Falls(International Falls)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Just got back home from a little Father/Son trip that my oldest boy and I took while Wife and younger son were otherwise out-of-town. This was our chance to do a one-on-one get-away to enjoy some beautiful scenery, be in the outdoors and talk about life. Boy, did Sunset Resort deliver!

Our "rustic" little one-bedroom cabin was perfect for just the two of us and we were able to rent exactly what I was looking for in a boat and motor.

The setting of Sunset Resort is quite unique as well with the Ash River acting as an elongated, natural marina protecting vacationers up and down it's leisurly length from the visually stunning, but rougher, waters of Kabetogama and Namakin lakes. Several good choices for restaurant and bar service were just walking-distance away while Sunset Resort remained quiet and insulated from the usual nght-life commotion. The adjacent Voyagers National Park is abundant with enough natural wonder to keep anyone busy for the length of their stay.

I would agree with a previous reviewer that John, the owner, is very easy to get along with. He and his staff were quite attentive to us and were always ready to answer our questions or offer advice on how to make our stay more enjoyable. John offered flexability with his policies and didn't make a big deal out of it if something did not go right (We were unfortanate enough to find one of Kabetogama's hidden rocks with the boat's brand new propeller and experienced some minor damage. While he stated that he would levy an extra charge for the needed repair, he did not show any anger about the incident and the amount he requested seemd more than fair. This was greatly appreciated.)

While the hot weather during our stay made the fishing rather slow, I can't think of anything else that could have made the vacation better. Thank you Sunset Resort!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have going to Sunset for 4 or 5 years. John is constantly updating the cabins. They are clean and comfortable. Beautiful setting and easy access to Kab and Namakan. Getting harder to book a long wknd becaue they are usually full.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill800
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I have been fishing in Canada and Minnesota for over 25 years and this year was one of my favorite trips. The accommodations were perfect for my group and the campground was all we needed; a few bars close by, a nice fish cleaning house and easy access to excellent fishing. We brought a pontoon and had our own dock to tie it up to and we rented a boat from the Sunset that was perfect for three of us to get around quickly and even comfortably cast from. The owner, John, may be the easiest guy to get along with that I have ever met and, for you novice fisherman, will direct you to good fishing locations and even clean your fish. Talk about hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rycher
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We (6 adults and 1 kid) had a great time at the Sunset Resort, the owner and staff were very friendly and easy to work with. We enjoyed our three night stay and time at the resort. Voyageurs National Park was easily accessible from the resort via the Ash River, and the pontoon that we rented worked great. I am definitely heading back and bringing more people with me.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sideburnz