“I should come here more often!”
Review of Checkers

Checkers
Ranked #109 of 216 Restaurants in Warner Robins
Description: Fast Foodies Know The Deal™. Checkers serves up world-famous seasoned fries, bold burgers, creamy shakes, and more. BOLD SINCE BURGER #1, Checkers restaurants were born out of the idea that a bland and flavorless burger was downright wrong. Americans everywhere deserve a better tasting burger - one that is unexpectedly bold, made-to-order and priced at a value that was hard to beat. Visit Checkers at 120 N. Houston Road in Warner Robins.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is only like my 3rd or 4th time at a Checkers...in the 11 years I've lived here. So while I'm not a frequent flyer, that does allow me to enjoy the offerings. And enjoy them I did!

Many would agree that their fries are the best around. No need for ketchup or mayo: these babies stand on their own and don't need condiments for enhancement.

I chose the double cheeseburger. Not sure why, but probably price was a factor ($2.99). Regardless, it's fresh and plentiful.

Here's a nutrition tip: skip the soda and drink a cold glass of milk instead. It's refreshing and also offers a stark contrast to the spicy fries. Yum.

It took some discipline, but I turned down an invite to get 2 apple pies for a dollar. Sounded like a sweet deal, but I'd already breached my self-imposed $5 lunch budget.

Enjoy.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Came here to eat while my car is getting fixed. They have a 4 for $3. Good deal. They have other burger deals and I love the fries. I will be coming back

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is a great place for a late night supper. I tend to go to sleep late and most late nights I will not cook. So I always turn to checkers. They're food to me is great.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Crispy Mushroom Steak Burger. How could I resist a sandwich with such a cool name.

I bought this Mushroom Steak sandwich w/bacon a little after 10 a.m. I’m glad they opened at 10 and not later. You can pick up an early lunch and eat it back at your desk or wherever… So by the time I ate it, my sandwich wasn’t warm or hot; room temp. My initial reaction in taking my first bite was, “Man, that’s a lotta meat!” Or at least it sure felt like it. Good Kaiser roll with powdery top. Yum.
That first bite took a long time to chew down. Chew not choke. It was a pleasant experience.

Fast forward 10 minutes and 350 toaster oven degrees later. Now it’s closer to its original form when it was wrapped and bagged. Due to the reheat, it’s as if I ordered the bun to be toasted, crunch and all. Not too shabby.

The reheated bacon blended pretty well with the beef and bun. I open the burger up and went hunting for mushrooms and onions, but they were hard to find. Maybe next time I’ll get more mushrooms if I ask for them. See pic. Not many ingredients besides the meat.

Not tasting much sauce. Curious. If you look at their website, they mention a lot of ingredients, including a sandwich that looked way more robust than the one on my plate. No surprise there. So for my last few bites I slapped on some lite mayo, which always goes well with meat sandwiches.

My wait was about 5 or 6 minutes. No biggie. I knew the burger would be freshly made. I passed on the fries, since reheated fries are never any good. Instead I had some kettle potato chips; good substitution. Here’s another substitution: skip the soda and drink low-fat milk or water instead.

Cost was $1.99 which became 3-something after bacon and taxes. By weight alone, it’s worth a few dollars. If I do it again, which I may, I’ll skip the bacon and see what 2 dollars buys in their burger department.

Happy eating.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Checker's is strictly drive through ordering. They do have a couple of tables outside if you choose. Their burgers and fries are pretty good, nothing special and their prices are very good. If you are in a really big hurry, this place may be exactly what you are looking for.