“Heater did not work; Floor not vacuumed well.”
Review of Quality Inn South

Quality Inn South
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel while traveling from FL back to GA and this was our 2nd major disappointment with this hotel chain. On the way down we stayed at one at Ft. Pierce, FL and was very disappointed however we thought we'd give them a 2nd try and was consistently disappointed! The floor was not vacuumed very well and the heater didn't work. The air that was coming from the unit was "cool" not warm air at all. The next morning when checking out brought it to the attention of the clerk who politely thanked me but seemed not very interested. I sent an email to the corporate office of the hotel chain and complained about both experiences. Received a reply back from a "General Manager" whose note was pathetic. While he apologized for the experience and thanked me for bringing to his attention he never mentioned if or how they would rectify the problems we encountered. Will never patronize this chain again even if that means sleeping in the car!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

I stayed here while on my way to visit family in Florida and I had a good experience. The kids loved the playground and helped wear them out for bed. They had a restaurant next door and we just walked over for dinner. NIce breakfast in the morning and the front desk staff were nice. I found the rooms clean and roomy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2010

As a frequent traveler, I always try to book Choice Hotels first. Although, I've not had much success with the Quality brand, being quality. This place was no exception. I drove up the lobby about 7 pm to see a bad of minority males standing around in at the entrance in athletic undershirts. I was immediately uncomfortable. I got in to get to my room and found the usual Motel 6 worn, tired mattress. I rejected that room and asked if all the matttresses were like that. The female staffer replied, "I don't know. I haven't slept in all of them". I told her that I needed a better mattress already having decided that I was out of there. She told me, "that I wasn't man enough to sleep on the hard floor". I swear that's the truth, and I'm a very, very big man. Needless to say, I got out of there quickly. Confirmed my contempt for the Quality brand.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank buytheplace
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Hotel is old......Beds old.... but comfortable... Staff very nice.... Free breakfast average.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This hotel was terrible!! Do not stay here at all!!! We had to change rooms twice!!! I had a group of youth here on a field trip and this is not recommended for families. In one room there was blood all in the bed that had not been changed! Disgusting!!! In one of the rooms next door there were people in the other room who sounded like they were torturing a female and she was screaming bloody murder!! Needless to say, the young people with me were scared and we had to change rooms!! Parents trusted me to take care of the youth and I had to bring them to this!! They would not give me a refund on my room. They said I had to wait and talk to the manager the next morning. Pictures on their site have been touched up!

• Stayed: June 2010