“WANTED TO GIVE FIVE STARS” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Ga
“WANTED TO GIVE FIVE STARS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

The customer service was awesome. Almost everyone that worked there seemed to be happy to be working there. The room was very spacious with a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy. The bed was very very comfortable. I wanted to give the hotel five stars but I couldn't because when I woke up the next morning I noticed spots on my blanket. Some spots were yellow and a few spots looked like blood. All in all, I will stay there again I'll just bring my own linen.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank victorjo
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Please allow me to apologize for the blanket. We do not normally operate with less than perfect fluffy and clean blankets so I’m very-very sorry yours was not. I have discussed this in detail with my housekeeping department and feel certain that will never happen again.
On a really positive note… I’m happy you found the staff to be some of the best in the business. I say it all the time but it is always best when our guests point that out. Thanks again for you comments "all of them".
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

If you are ever in the Valdosta, Georgia area check out the Holiday Inn Conference Center. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel staff was exceptional. Special thanks to CJ and Scott for being so accomodating. We will definitely stay here again. After a long road trip from Miami, the southern hospitality we received was wonderful!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Monique305
Thank you for writing a few words about our special staff members and our beautiful hotel. I have the best team of young people in the hotel world. CJ & Scott are absolutely two of them. We are very proud of the hotel and are pleased you had a wonderful time staying with us. Please come again real soon!
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

A great team that made me feel at home and went ay beyond my expectations. The hotel looks brand new but is in fact 5 years old. A 5 star experience in y book....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
David,

It is such a pleasure to have you as our guest in our hotel – your new home away from home. Thank you for the awesome review and comments. We look forward to assisting you open your new business by making sure you don’t have to worry about all the small stuff here. See you next week my friend.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

This hotel was overall very nice, especially since its fairly new. I did however have issues with their housekeeping skills; at least in my room. The areas of concern were the showers (which were nice size), but my shower had black mold growing on the shower door seams and starting to grow on the grout. You could smell the mold when you walked in the bathroom and when you turned the shower on. The grout between the tile on the floor needed some attention, it was bright white where nobody walked, but dark brown around the standing area. Finally on the cleaning issue, the furniture was never dusted the 2 weeks I was there and the edges of the carpet had a line of dust all around them.. This could have been just an issue with the housekeeping on my floor because I was in some friends rooms and they looked like they did not have this issue.

Now on to the good.... Like I said the hotel is fairly new. Nice size rooms with good size bathrooms and walk-in showers. The TV channel selection was very good as well as the internet connection speed. There is an outdoor pool and patio area and a nice workout gym overlooking the pool. The staff was very friendly with that southern charm you come to expect.

Overall I give this hotel a good review, but if you happen to get a bad room, I suggest you request to be moved. I feel they just have a few bad housekeepers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your candid comments about the good and not so good are appreciated very much. I can assure you all your comment have been digested and taken seriously. I apologize so much that housekeeping failed to deliver what we normally do daily with every room. Your comments have been shared with the Executive Housekeeper and all service items and procedures corrected and then some. Thanks again and do come back to see us. I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Trinity
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night while in town for "Pony Wars". Nice hotel, friendly staff, very big and clean rooms! Bartender was a little slow especially when it got busy but was very friendly and poured a good drink!!
Very nice Southern Hospitality!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the backside of the hotel if possible away from street traffic, of course ours was...