“Wonderful Stay”

Econo Lodge Valdosta
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I had to come to valdosta a month ago with a different group of kids and stayed at the most aweful hotel and wished I had looked at trip advisor before I went. So, I knew I would be coming back the following month and need a nice hotel on a budget. This hotel was recommended by many of the travelers on trip advisor, so I decided to stay here. This hotel definetly is one of the best Econo lodges ever! I found out that it was 5th in the nation on Econo lodges. The pool wasnt deeper than five feet and the continental breakfast was nothing special but it was enough. The rooms were very spacious, clean and exceeded my expectations! The location was in a great place, somewhat secluded and beside a great seafood restaurant. I would recommend anyone stay here who is on a budget but wants something clean, nice and safe to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed 29 June 2010

Stopped here for one night on the way home from Orlando. The front desk clerk was very polite and friendly. Room was no-frills, but it was extremely clean and quiet, even though it was next to the elevator and ice machine, and the hotel is near the Interstate. We were given a handicap-accessible room, and its bathroom was large and well-lit. The free breakfast was the usual: danish, bagels, cereal, toast, coffee, milk & juice. The lobby/breakfast area was small but clean. We arrived late and left early, so I did not check out the pool.
I normally would not have even considered staying at an Econo Lodge, as my previous experience with low-budget hotels has not been the best. However, I would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it for a one-night stopover at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I am very wary of econolodges and dont stay there as a rule, but had choice points to use and it was a low point value.
i was very pleasantly surprised - this was a VERY nice econolodge. it is new, with all interior corridors, and very clean.
breakfast in teh morning was a bit basic, but for the rate it was very nice.
hotel is just off the interstate and very convienent for an overnight stop on I-75, with lots of restaraunts on the same exit.
Not sure about the normal rates, but if it is like normal econolodges, this place is a great deal.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Couteous friendly staff. Clean outside and inside. Queen beds. Towels a bit small but that's not a big deal. Breakfast included and was the standard fare. Right on I-75 but absolutely no interstate noise. Many places to eat nearby. Safe area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2010

My wife and I stopped at this Econo Lodge on New Years Day as we were headed back to FL. When we arrived I wanted to first check out the room I would be staying in. The woman just checked me in. I did have a reservation and it was still early enough to cancel this. I was tired and just accepted this. As my family and I were headed down the hall to the stairs(our room was on the 3rd floor)we smelled overpowered by a strong smell of currie. I understand if you want to cook your food but this was just so strong it is a turn off to me and the wife. The room was nice and clean but because of this fact I won't stay their again. I know this smell was coming from the owners room because my wife happened to see the woman that checked me in cooking and that's where the smell was coming from.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family