“Hidden gem”

80 East
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the outside appearance of this place deceive you, the food and service were exceptional! If we come back to Tybee on vacation, we will most certainly be back!!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Now admittedly we rolled in just before the kitchen closed so things were closing down. However the attitude of the waitress was pretty moody.
We ordered the burger with jalapeños and the shrimp burger. My colleague and I deciding to split them. When they arrived I was handed the beef burger and my colleague the shrimp. We both halved our burgers and I tucked into the beef. We were both starving so I soon demolished my half, I looked over at my colleague and he was struggling to get his down. I said you look like you’re not sure about that dude. He said it’s kinda funny tasting. I picked up my half and took a bite. It was quite possibly the most vile thing I have ever put in my mouth. I instantly told him to stop eating it.
The waitress came out to give us the cursory, how is everything. I said that we weren’t happy with the shrimp burger, she replied, “to each his own, it’s like a crab cake” (it is nothing like a crab cake)
Flabbergasted we paid and left. And will not return. And advise you not to try the shrimp burger.

1  Thank fergatronix
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is the best food on the island. We came here at the recommendation of a friend. The food was fresh and delicious. There was a good selection of choices on the menu. We enjoyed it so much, we came again before we left for home.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The Shrimp and Grits salad and Chicken Waffles with bacon jam were delicious! Not too busy this time of year. :-)

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Yes indeed 80 East Gastropub is always our go-to when visiting Tybee Island. This is my our favorite place for food. It is a small--actually very cozy--and out of the way place next to a gas station of all places but oh man, is it worth it. Everything we've tried on the menu is superb. It can be a busy place at times but it is worth the patience.

1  Thank Walter S