“Fun and delish! ”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come as you are, bring the family...eat, drink and be merry. Gerald’s Pig and Shrimp is a casual outdoor dining establishment, backdropped with towering shade trees and located across the road from Tybee Island’s sprawling salt-water marshes. The brick patio is housed in an open air structure, a 14’ high pole barn fabricated with reclaimed materials, beautifully landscaped and decked out with an array of eclectic eye-candy. We specialize in slow-smoked meats pork, ribs and brisket, as well, fresh, Wild Georgia shrimp, fried, boiled or sauteed. All our sauces and marinades are made in house. We use fresh herbs from our side garden. We offer daily specials, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers and local beer, wine and sangria. We’re pet friendly as long as they’re friendly and on a leash and have free parking on property.We strive to ensure our guests’ experience is top-notch by providing fresh, tasty, high quality fare at a reasonable price, in a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional customer service.Planning an event? We also cater, offering choices of Southern Style Comfort Food, Bar-B-Que, Whole Pig-Roast, Oyster Roasts, Low Country Boil, site location, and entertainment.
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Husband, 9-year-old daughter, and I shared the platter for 2. For $45, we got 3 slices of beef brisket, a big clump of pulled pork, 4 ribs, 4 hush puppies, 8 fried shrimp, 8 fried oysters, cole slaw, and French fries. We also had the limeade (oh my...a must have). We all left stuffed and happy! We will be back!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Pulled pork was perfect. Tender. BBQ was spot on I would recommend this spot for a quick lunch. Sweet tea was very good as well

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

This shack was a pleasant surprise. It’s literally a food truck wrapped in an “outdoor shack.” I came with my family around 5 pm and found a table easily. I did notice it’s nearly impossible to get a table the later you go there and there are not many tables at all. I have the ribs, friend shrimp and fried okra and I recommend all of it. The ribs could’ve been slightly more juicy but my absolute favorite was the fried okra and the limeaid. Nice visit and I’d visit again! Waiter was incredibly friendly as well!

1  Thank Ahhniee
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We are on vacation in Tybee Island and went to Gerald's Pig and Shrimp for dinner. The food is phenomenal and the service phenomenal as well. The low country boil is the bomb. We will definitely visit again before we go back to Cincinnati.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and it was delicious! I had the shrimp with fresh corn on the cob, hush puppies, and baked beans. Shrimp was lightly breaded - fantastic! My husband had the Cuban sandwich and thoroughly enjoyed it. My son had the brisket and was very happy with his choice. Great sweet tea, too!