“Have lunch or drinks right on the beach!”

North Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #15 of 59 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Nestled between the lighthouse and the beach, the North Beach Bar and Grill offers an amazing lunch and dinner menu that will tantalize even the most reserved palate. Eclectic fusion with a Caribbean flair, our menu features local, sustainable seafood and the freshest ingredients. While our chefs create gourmet dishes rivaling the best restaurants in town, we also serve hot dogs, crab cake sandwiches, fish tacos, and wings in our quaint beach shack by the sea. So whether you've been out on the beach and want a cold beer and a burger or you're planning a catered business luncheon, the North Beach Bar & Grill is the place for you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our second visit to North Beach Bar and Grill. Our first was over 5 years ago in the off season. This time the restaurant was a lot more crowded, but we were pleased to be seated inside right away. We opted for a table inside since it was a very hot day, however, it was not a whole lot cooler. Ceiling and floor fans placed near tables helped.
The restaurant was full and we unfortunately experienced very slow service. Staff did not seem to be able to keep up with the tables. As for our meal, we all opted for the fish sandwich which was served as a very generous portion. It came with two sides-the sweet potato fries were delicious!
We will definitely return on our next visit to Tybee. Know that inseason expect a bit of a wait and dress in cool attire.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Last time we came here a few years back, it was pretty good. This time it was awful. They ran out of stuff on the menu, it was hot, food was cold and service was terrible. I probably won't stop there again

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The asparagus and crab appetizer is delicious. We have never had a bad meal here. It is a little gem on the island.

1  Thank S1974SJlaurad
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is a favorite place for us to go when on Tybee. The servers always get an A+ from us. I ordered a cheeseburger (rare), and it was very good. My wife ordered the Citrus shrimp salad, very nice with lots of fruits and nuts and their special dressing. We enjoy seeing a restaurants go out of their way to offer a variety of special dishes, different from the other restaurants close by. I recommend!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Before you spend your hard earned money here, let me ask you to consider the following scenario (and yes, this is a true story... ):
If you order something that is so bad it's inedible and you send it back, and politely ask to have something else, you'd expect to have to have the first item taken off your bill, right? Imagine your surprise when you get the bill and you're still being charged for both the first (rejected) entrée, as well as the second.
So, you ask to speak to a manager, who gives you nothing but attitude, then, after deciding to just "let it go" and pay the bill, this same manager FOLLOWS YOU OUT INTO THE PARKING LOT and tries to pick a fistfight. Not kidding.... this really happened!
Then, to make this surreal situation even worse, the owner of the restaurant also comes out into the parking lot and starts screaming in the face of a 20 year old girl in your party, calling her stupid repeatedly. Really?! This is how you treat your clientele?

If this happened to you, would you EVER eat at this restaurant again? Or course not.
Would you tell all your friends and family about the situation? You better believe it (and boy, I wish I had video proof of what happened - I'd be taking it to the local Savannah TV stations).

We have been going to Tybee for 30+ years. I've eaten at all the restaurants on the island and I can honestly say, I've never seen or even heard of such unacceptable and downright abusive behavior towards customers. I've eaten at North Beach Grill in the past; service is notoriously slow and food is average. There are certain things you "put up with" at the beach, however this was over the top.

George and his staff should be ashamed of the way they behaved towards this group of college kids. These are good kids and NOT trouble makers; every single one of them works in the restaurant business and they all bend over backwards to be accommodating. I'm stunned and furious with North Beach Grill.