All reviews front desk room was clean continental breakfast tile floors within walking distance enjoyed our stay great place to stay coffee maker yogurt family vacation short walk to the beach tybee island pier stingrays stove refrigerator
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This place really surprised me. My family enjoyed the location. You can walk to really good restaurants and shops. Joy really was helpful to point out things to do and go to. Everyone was great. We will be back. My Basenji dog enjoyed the attention she received walking around Tybee.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Linleamonl, glad your family enjoyed staying with us so much! Joy will appreciate your feedback, and we can't wait to reunite with Basenji, too. Take care till then!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Didn't expect much. Pillows need replacing flat.. No triple sheeting, thin towels but room was clean. Maybe consider purchasing new pillows . Joy was very accommodating and friendly. Overall, good quick stay would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Christicowart
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Christicowart, thanks for your feedback. Stuff like this helps us improve, and Joy will also love that you found her so warm and helpful. Overall, we're happy you felt content with your stay, and we know you'll have an even better experience here on your next stay. All the best till then!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I needed a reasonable place to stay for a quick trip to Savannah. In addition, for work related reasons, I wanted to focus on small, independent inns or motels, and not the big names. After reading the reviews, I was a little skeptical, but on a friend's recommendation, I decided to spend three nights at the Dunes Inn. The room I stayed in was located in the main building. Apparently there is a second building across the street. My room was not fancy. The Hilton it is not. But, my room was very clean, and very comfortable. I always check the beds and mattresses, no matter where I stay, and it appeared that the mattress set was new and was definitely clean. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were soft. The microwave and small standing fridge were a nice plus. And, I appreciated free wi-fi. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the small private balcony that over looks a lovely pool. The building itself is U shaped and wraps around the pool. For me, it was reminiscent of vintage California inns and apartments, in the way that the pool deck anchors the building. With a small bit of additional landscaping, it would give a wonderful old world California feel. One of the best things about my stay was Joy, the Innkeeper. She was extremely helpful, sweet, and very gracious. She remembered my name the next day, and offered me a coffee pot and coffee. The service and hospitality from Joy was top notch. A simple continental breakfast is offered, which consists mostly of pastries, cereal and milk, and apples, coffee and juice. The inn is not directly on the beach, but is a short walk across the street and by beach entry at the hotel located directly across the street from the Inn. From my research, it appears the Inn may be undergoing a renovation, although over the weekend I was there, I saw no signs of work going on. The Pros: Joy, and her hospitality and service...the sweet little balcony and pool view....the fridge (bigger than a mini)....comfortable and clean bed...wi fi. If I have any complaint at all, it would be more of a suggestion. I found it odd that a coffee service was not provided in room. Being a morning, 3-4 cup of coffee person, a coffee service is important to me, and I feel should be standard. The other suggestion I would make is change the bedspread on the beds. The spreads were neat and clean, but very dated and not much for comfort or coziness. A heavier blanket or comforter would be more appropriate, and offer an extra blanket if needed. The bath linens could be upgraded. The linens were very clean but were small and thin. For my 3 night stay and there being 2 of us, only two full size towels were offered, two hand towels, and 4 washcloths. All in all, I would stay at the Dunes Inn again. The cost was very reasonable, the room was very clean and comfortable, and Joy was wonderful. As we packed up and left, I somehow overlooked a very important set of keys I left behind on the bed. By the time we arrived home, that evening, Joy had called about my keys, and the staff was very quick in putting my keys in the mail, and had them back in my hands within a couple of days. Great customer service from the Dunes Inn staff.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank southernfoodgal
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Southernfoodgal, it's so wonderful you had such a pleasant stay with us! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your visit, and Joy is going to be so happy you found her assistance wonderful. Thanks so much for this glowing review, and we hope you'll stay with us again in the near future. Take care till then! :)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

This is my favorite place to stay in Tybee. The owners are great, the rooms are exactly what you need and its directly on the main road. The breakfast is always available and staff is extremely helpful. I love that its a short walk to everything but thats kind of a given when staying on the island anyway. PLUS the pool area was used in magic mike 2... just saying :)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Rachel, glad you love staying with us whenever you visit Tybee! The team will appreciate your praise as well, and we can't wait for your next visit. Take care till then!

Best,

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was recently renovated. Nice beach room. Wonderful staff very friendly. Clean and a nice continental breakfast. Just blocks from main strip and beach close to restaurants and nightlife. Beds and pillows a little stiff.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deby C
Sanjay P, Owner at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Deby, it's wonderful you're such a fan of our renovations, the team's warm service, and our delicious breakfast! Hopefully, you'll come stay with us again in the near future. Take care till then! :)

Best,