Historic Western & Atlantic Railroad Tunnel
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The tunnel and the story are interesting. The house and the general store I have seen before. The main problem is that they need more help. Two people to run the museum and give tours. We waited a half hour for someone to come back from their tour to open the doors to the museum. Then we walked through the museum and waited for our tour guide to eat lunch so he could take us on our tour (no problem, we all need to eat) I was not impressed with his portray of information. I suppose he was tired of giving the same story, but it was drab. We left for our tour after the other guide, by at least 10 to 15 minutes, yet returned before she did. This stop took us at least 2 1/2 hours. I would have rather seen some thing else. I wish I had skipped it....many more interesting things out there.

All reviews
"passengers"
"groupon"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2017

If you love history, this is a must see. The museum contains many interesting artifacts and explanation of an important historical event: the great locomotive chase and Sherman's March to the Sea. Tour guide did excellent job explaining the history.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Judy was an excellent tour guide! Getting to go thru the tunnel and hear all the amazing stories was very cool. Even saw a tiny snake on our tour! Definitely recommend doing the combo deal for $10 and you get to see everything!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Very informative. We learned a lot. A great place to learn about history. Can't wait to take our family members.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I used a Groupon to take this tour and got a great deal for 6 of us. Ron was our tour guide and on top of giving us tons of interesting stories and information, he was pretty hilarious. We went on a weekday when it wasn't busy and really enjoyed the afternoon. I don't know if you can make a reservation, but to me it's best when places like this aren't crowded and you can really take time to enjoy the little things.