“No way!”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Midwest
“No way!”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Ok, this hotel has issues- There is this crazy man that works the front desk- he calls everyone sweety, and is very hard to understand due to a thick accent. The clientle of this hotel is very questionable- most of the weekend guests are from the shady night club next door. My hotel room smelt like pot on a few different occassions and the hotel would not do anything about it. Don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MarvinGa, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake, responded to this review, 12 September 2008
Respected Guest,

We are sorry that you got that impression but our front desk staff has been continuously commended for their friendliness; not to mention their eagernes to assist our guest.

Also the word "sweety" is an expression of friendship.

We thank you for your concern.

Marvin
Public Relation Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
OK
Reviewed 17 July 2008

I was in Georgia to attend the graduation of my Grandaughter (Emory University). I was with my Mother-in-law (92 years old). We shared a suite. My daughter and husband and their grandson (age 4) were in another suite. Another suite was occupied by another grandaughter and her friend. All of us were very happy with the hotel, staff, our room, and the breakfast service (and breakfast staff) I made these reservation very early because hotels were filling up fast because of all the graduations on that weekend. I wasn't sure how it would be (my grandaughter had a friend who recommended it) but I was extremely pleased as was the rest of my family. I wish I could remember names, but all the staff smiled and spoke to us even if we were just passing through the lobby. I give this hotel and its staff an A+. I also had to make a couple of changes in my reservations through the reseveration center, and they were very helpful and adjusted days, etc for me. Thank you for making an important weekend in our family's life comfortable.

• Liked — Value for price and service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
88BeaR, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
DearRiveraOk,

Thank for staying with Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your Grand Daughter's Graduation at the Emory University also for posting your review and sharing your comments and thoughts with us. I am glad your grand daughter 's friend recommended us and we didn't disappoint you and your family. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our stay in our Newly Renovated Hotel- Renovated Suites, Guest Rooms, Lobby, Breakfast Room, Fitness Room. Also, glad to know you and your family Enjoyed the Breakfast. We Believe a Good Breakfast leads to a Good Day! We value your kind words, and are happy to know that we meet or exceed our expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. Please visit us again when you are back in town and we will be happy to make your Reservation and make you relive your Memorable Weekend with us!

Anonymous
Reviewed 23 March 2008

My wife and I stay at Country Inns very often all over the U.S. How this place gets to call itself a Country Inn is beyond me. The hotel was under renovation when we got there. They never tell you that when you book the room. That wasn't even the big problem though. The parking lot of the hotel was being used as an auto repair shop. There were guys working on a couple cars. We stayed on the top floor which at one time must have had a leaky roof problem because there was a horribly strong deoderizer smell to cover up mold stink. Our room had obvious water stains on the ceiling. Also, there used to be a Chili's and an Olive Garden next door which are now both closed for business. The former Olive Garden is now some sort of other no-name restaurant which plays very loud music with thumping bass that we could feel through the wall in our room. The entire 5th floor and elevator smelled like weed. We finally had to ask to switch rooms which was the only thing that went smoothly. The mall that is said to be one block away is actually more like three blocks away. The whole place felt unclean to the point that we had no interest in even trying the free breakfast. Make sure you are up to date on all your shots and immunizations before you stay here.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Horrible smell and noise.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnQTraveler

Travellers are raving about these Tucker hotels

tampa bay, fl
Reviewed 30 October 2006

Stopped in here on our way back to FL. We had a both a suite and a room and both were in great condition. Everything was clean and AC, TV, etc all worked great. The manager on duty asked us several times if everything was ok. They had some rocking chairs out front for sitting around and smoking cigars in. That was nice. Breakfast was a nice layout with lots of choices. U-make it waffles were awesome since it was cold out haha. We'd come back here again for sure.

• Liked — guest service, room sizes and cleanliness, quiet
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank surfpunk21
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 October 2006

I came back to Altanta after 30+ years to bury my father.
This hotel did the job with the minimum of disappointments. There was no ugly surprises to upset us further. Breakfast had waffle maker as the special entry, and there was always a sweet treat around tea time. AC worked, bed in back suite room wasn't too hard, bathroom was clean and properly stocked with soaps wash clothes etc. There are ample restaurants within a half mile. Honest value compared to some of the reviews within a couple miles. I discussed how the bell staff could help with directions, don't know if it had any affect. We shall probably return when Mom passes on. Country Inn was quite serviceable.

• Liked — every thing worked
  • Disliked — need restaurant guide, and map at front desk for directions
  • Tips/Secrets — English is a second language for much of the staff. They are polite, but be patient
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dusty Ranger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
0.7 km away
Masters Inn Tucker
#3 of 11 in Tucker
0.6 km away
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake

Been to Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK