“Poor quality, old feel room, not clean and fresh, AVOID” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake

Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Epping, United Kingdom
“Poor quality, old feel room, not clean and fresh, AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here April 2012, booked in for two nights...arrived late in evening.
The room 109 was terrible, old worn out bedding, saggy mattress, carpet old and not clean.
The toilet was blocked, toilet handle was broken in half!
The fridge did not work, and neither did the phone!
My husband was unwell, so any idea of changing rooms once we realised all this was too much...he was already in bed, and needing sleep.
The lobby is excellent! The breakfast room was excellent!
Shame about the actual accommodation. Would never stay here again.
We complained next morning, and got a 50% reduction....that offered us another night, but we declined.

Room Tip: Check room thoroughly before unpacking anything!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
88BeaR, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Bwjjob,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northlake, GA during your travel in Tucker GA. I am pleased to know that you liked our Lobby and Breakfast Room. I apologize for the inconvenience that occurred in your room. We strive for our guests to have a relaxing and comfortable stay. It is obvious that you did not have that experience. However you were offered a comfortable room ASAP but you declined right away. We value our guests opinion and I have addressed your concerns. I would like to be able to have the opportunity to speak with you about the experience and you can reach me at 770-270-9009. Once again, I apologize about your stay.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Traveled on business and stayed at the hotel. Front Desk staff were super friendly and hospitable. Everyone seems to know "Bill" at the Front Desk! And Bea is a real charmer with her southern manners. Hotel was very easy to find and very quiet away from the main highway. There are restaurants every which way you look out the front door of the hotel and a lot of shopping nearby. I like the clean, quiet rooms. I got a lot of work done in the room at night. Breakfast was really good too. It amazes me how much you get with free breakfast with your room rate. Cookies also available at the front desk and hot coffee too. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Barbara7306,

Thank you staying at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your business travel in Tucker GA. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Bill and Bea are going to love reading your comments. We make every effort possible to ensure our guests have a Comfortable Stay Away from Home. We know how important a WiFi with clean and quiet room in Business Suite for business guests. Country Inn has recently upgraded from Continental Breakfast to a Full Hot Breakfast, offering more healthy & fresh options like cut fruits, hot oatmeal with your choice of mix-ins ( fresh fruits, brown sugar, chocolate chips) waffles and 5 menus that rotate through out the week. Also, To-Go Breakfast is available if you are in a hurry. Please let us know if we can assist with any future reservations.

Venice, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I was concerned about previous reviews, but we had a very good experience. Stayed here to visit Stone Mountain - 15 min. drive - easy in & out. The check-in staff was VERY pleasant & efficient. Room was spacious, well laid-out and clean. Key is to stay on the top floor (5th floor) to minimize ground noise/traffic. We were very pleased with our stay - great value.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor (top floor).
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear MeMaDeborah,

Thank you for giving us a chance and wonderful comments from our team members to room to price to the cleanliness and distance timing for Stone Mountain Park.

Thank you for staying with Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA. Our King Suites are perfect for families as they have 2 televisions : 1 in Master King Bedroom & 1 in Living Room with Sofa Bed. The Door between the room gives privacy while still being in the same room. I will share your comments with our staff so that we can continue to meet and exceed your expectations We are thrilled you and your family had a comfortable relaxing stay at a Great Value. Please visit us again in either Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter as you never run out of activities and things to do at Stone Mountain Park with the Kids. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

I tried to write my negative impression of our stay in this hotel on their Facebook page but the marketing / social media manager for Country Inns and Suites - Emily, deleted my postings twice. Next is a explanation from her why she deleted my review the first time. "Hi Stamen, I'm the marketing / social media manager for Country Inns and Suites. I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay. I very rarely delete comments from our page, but because you commented on the fact that the owners were from India, I felt that could be misconstrued as a racial slur, and I deleted it. Again, I very rarely delete comments from the page -- even negative ones! -- and I apologize. If you need to speak to me further, please email me at countryinnsemily@Carlson.com. Thank you, Emily " The second time when she deleted my review I did not received a explanation. What I wanted to say was that, once they understood that we have made a reservation through Priceline, they gave us the smallest room, right next to the elevator, with very noisy air conditioning and a queen bed instead of king.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Stamen
Dear Stamen,

Thank you for staying at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your travel in Atlanta/ Tucker area. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and the experience at our hotel. We value our guests opinion and I have addressed your concerns to the staff members. We try to meet or exceed guest expectations hence your experience with us is totally unacceptable. If you have a moment and are willing to discuss your stay with me please feel free to call me at 770-270-9009 at the hotel and ask for the General Manager. Any feed back you provide will help us and I hope that you will give us another chance to fine tune our operations to meet your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Tucker hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

I typically stay at Marriott properties, except when I stay at Country Inn & Suites due to their rates to my corporate account. I have stayed at Country Inn properties throughout the Southern US and this definitely qualifies as the WORST. For several reasons: Old, non-renovated hotel w/ Antiquated television system. The family that runs this hotel does not understand customer service nor cleanliness. The garbage cans in front of the hotel were full of trash and cigarette butts. The elevator floor was filthy. The garbage can in the breakfast room was dirty. The peanut butter packages offered at breakfast were open on two sides, and the front desk explained that they came in that way from the supplier. Like that's a reason for them to serve them to me???? Return them, or get a new supplier!!!! What a health issue!!! They vending machines are only minimally stocked. Air conditioning was out of service on main floor (reception desk and breakfast room) during check in at 6pm, and was still out of service through 11am the next day. A/C was also out on floors 2 & 3 (where laundry and exercise room are). Every other property offers cookies throughout the day and especially during check-in. Not here. They are so cheap they only make two batches a day. There are so MANY competing hotels with comparable pricing at this major Interstate intersection, that one should stay elsewhere until this property is completely renovated.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lawrence C
Dear Flaviator,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Northlake GA during your travel in Atlanta/ Tucker area. I apologize for the inconvenience and the concerns that you had about your experience at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at 770-270-9009 and I would like to discuss your concerns further. Any feedback that you provide will help us fine tune our hotel operations in the hope that you would give us another chance upon your visit so we can meet your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
0.7 km away
0.7 km away
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#111 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK