“Date Night”

Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

The wife and I tried Quanto Basta for the first time this past weekend. It is listed as Suwanee, but is actually in Cumming.
We live nearby and have heard great things about it. Turns out it was pretty good.

We had fried calamari for an appetizer (good), with the complimentary bread that was amazing. We each had a salad, mine Caesar and her's house; both were good. For main course Jess had Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. The pasta was good, the chicken was not. I had the Fettuccine Carbonara which was excellent. For desert we split a slice of raspberry cheesecake which was pretty good, and I had an espresso. In all we spent around $75. It was a good meal overall, and I'm sure we will return.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I stood in the doorway for probably 5 minutes without a weird from anyone. I kept thinking perhaps the hostess was seating someone and would come back. At least one waitress and one other person looked up and saw me without acknowledgement. I finally walked toward the bar after another couple left (and I tired of bar guests staring at awkwardly) to ask if I was supposed to seat myself. The bartender apologized, said someone was supposed to be there, said maybe they let the hostess go home, asked me what time it was to confirm the kitchen would still be open, then offered to let me chose my seat while she found the people who should have be helping me.

The waitress was overly gracious, which may not have been so aggravating if I hadn't been on my feet working for the previous 9 hours, looking forward to someone else cooking my meal, only to be greeted by silence and confusion in the restaurant I chose to spend my money.

The spaghetti & meatballs I ordered came out quickly. The pasta was cooked the way I prefer (a little past al dente), but the meatballs were dry (not sauced at all) and bland. I was offered Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper. I asked for Parmesan & a side of sauce. The Parmesan turned out to be the dry, powdered kind (seriously? I had shaved Parmesan in my car that I'd been snacking on at work: too bad I didn't bring it in with me!). The sauce was OK, nothing to write home about.

The spaghetti cost $10. The meatballs were $4 (for two average sized meatballs).

I will not bother returning to try the pizza or fettuccine as originally planned. I prefer to eat locally, but I could have gone to olive garden, gotten better service and similar food PLUS a salad for same price. (I would have had to pay another $5 to add a side or Cesar salad.)

(I really wish I'd just gone to the gas station taco stand on lee street in Buford instead. They always greet me when I come in the door, prepare the food perfectly, and use fresh & real ingredients.)

It was bad enough that despite my long day and my desire to get home and shower away my day, I'm sitting in the parking lot submitting this review so I remember not to come back.

1  Thank Devyl_Gyrl
Reviewed 22 December 2015

I have driven past this place hundreds of times, and finally had an opportunity to visit. I met some friends for a glass of wine and dinner. Honestly, I wasn't terribly hungry, but the food was so good that I kept trying a little bit of everything. It was all very good, and the wine was excellent. I definitely look forward to eating here more often now that I know it is so good.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We have been coming to Quanto Basta for several years and it is like a family. They are currently undergoing some change but I am sure they will overcome. The bar is a great place to gather with friends and most of us enjoy the comraderie, excitement and yes sometimes the noise the bar atmosphere has to offer. If you wish for a quieter dining experience the restaurant side is better suited or for family atmosphere. We will continue to stick by them and provide feedback in support of working through the change.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

My husband and I ate at Quanto Basta regularly for the past 3 years. We participated in the Wednesday night wine tastings ,the Tuesday Pizza specials and have sat at the bar until closing.When the young couple who were managing the restaurant told us they were moving out of state to pursue a new endeavor we were sad but wished them well. Tonight we were hoping to have a great dinner at our favorite restaurant. We always sit on the bar side because of its great ambiance. Apparently it is under some kind of "new management" and tonight's experience was terrible. We had a snarky server, and waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for a pizza and a pork chop. Since we were sitting at the bar our server could have easily seen we had not been served our food. Not once did they offer to check on our food or let us know what was taking so long. To top it off we had people standing behind us screaming at the bartender for a drink. If you want to pay for terrible service and food that is poorly prepared, if you want to dine in a restaurant where you have to threaten to leave before your food is brought to you, if you like strangers screaming in your ear because they want another drink, then Quanto Basta Italian Restaurant is the place for you. But as for my husband and I, we have said good-bye to our now tarnished neighborhood gem.

1  Thank Molly618h