All reviews front desk free breakfast room was clean close proximity breakfast bar would stay here again a great stay very nice hotel location is great enjoyed our stay yogurt robert renovation housekeeping gm park walmart
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The back building door that we were instructed to use to enter was inoperable.

The parking lot was being worked on so it was torn up and at least a third of the parking spots were unusable.

When we returned to the hotel after dark, there were NO outside lights. Not on the building or in the parking lot. It was a safety hazard. Also, not even the sign was lit and it looked like the hotel wasn’t open. We pulled in and there were no open parking spaces. So, I went inside to ask if we could park under the entry canopy and was told no by the front desk clerk. Another man came in and she suggested he park across the street at the post office. She then told me I could park in a handicap spot. Really?? She let me know that it was not her problem and was quite rude. We left and stayed at a nearby hotel.

There was a man hanging out in the lobby area watching a movie on his fone. A movie with language any hotel that was well managed would not want being heard in the lobby. If he was a guest, the front desk clerk should have asked him to turn his fone down. However, my instinct tells me that he was her friend hanging out.

I stopped by the next morning to let the manager know about my experience and he was just as rude.

IHG - I suggest you do something about this one.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AltonGM1790, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear LLandDW,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are currently under renovation and we do apologize that our parking was limited during your stay. Due to a storm our outdoor lights were out temporarily. We were able to get these back on as soon as weather permitted. We do pride ourselves on our friendly staff and management. We also do keep a constant eye on our guest resting area at all times. We do however appreciate your input.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was under renovations wish we would have known the room was updated beds are comfy, staff were rude and unhelpful the guests seem to be a bother to them, outside was a mess with construction debris. The room was nice but housekeeping could have done a better job. Breakfast was good

Trip type: Travelled with family
AltonGM1790, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear hbh1559,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We greatly value your input.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was literally minutes away from Stone Mountain, which was the purpose for our travel. The staff was beyond friendly and made our stay pleasant. We will be staying here again when we visit Stone Mountain this winter.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
AltonGM1790, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Shante,

Thank you for the amazing 5-star ranking. I am thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you found our staff friendly. We do look forward to seeing you again this winter.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

This is our first time staying here. We usually stay at another place in the area. This now our new favorite at Stone Mountain. It was a very good price for the location and it was 5 mins away from Stone Mountain Park.

The staff was super friendly. The hotel was extremely clean. They are doing remodeling through the hotel but everything was easy to maneuver around. It is going to be gorgeous when they finish later this week.

Great points:
Super nice management
Good breakfast
Great location

Date of stay: July 2018
AltonGM1790, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for choosing us as your new favorite in Stone Mountain. I am thrilled to hear that you found the hotel clean and the staff super friendly. We do look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is my home away from home, Management has always taken care of me from the Sales Manager Barbara, To the GM- Alton, an the Front Office Manager Holly, who i check in with alot, She is always smiling and goes above and beyond for me, Also Gina! Not to mention Pat who makes the BEST breakfast. The whole entire staff here is amazing even the owner Kay Kay. I know them all by name yes, Because i consider them family. I travel and stay at many IHG properties but i did drive a extra 75 miles to stay at this location, and passed many other hotels just because of how amazing all the staff is. Even now that they are under renovations there still just like a clock and dont miss a tick!

Room tip: always quiet but there under renovations right now
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AltonGM1790, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear olynch1205,

Thank you for the amazing comments on all of our staff. We always look forward to seeing you as well. We do consider you part of our family. We truly appreciate that you make the extra travels to stay here and we will always go above and beyond for you.