All reviews bowling alley front desk room was clean staff was very friendly business trip complimentary breakfast location was perfect waffles minute drive would stay here again a great place to stay enjoyed my stay easy access the breakfast area nice stay atlanta dishwasher
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Decent bed and room at an affordable price point. Breakfast was chaos both days we were there - friday and saturday - easy to get to - 25 minutes from airport (longer in rush hour) - easy to get to emory and attractions.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great location for our visit to Stone Mountain. Front desk clerk at check-in was very pleasant and professional. Breakfast was great and Barbara was very sweet and helpful. Overall terrific staff.

The only constructive feedback is that the bathroom walls need a little TLC. Not dirty, just run down a bit from so much humidity in bathroom.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had to be in the area on business and thought that I would stay at this property because it was close to where I needed to be and the outside of the property looked pretty good in the pictures. Once arriving, I wasn't disappointed by the look of the property on the outside, but once I stepped inside, it was very clear that this was an older property that they have put some lipstick on. Overall public areas have been updated at some point. The elevators are moderately fast and located down a long hallway. The interior hallways are lit by very bright (annoyingly super bright white lights - not comfortable on the eyes). The room had been updated, but there were several issues - rust on the door frames, doors that were clearly 20+ years old that were flaking on the edges, bed frame riser boxes that were in very poor condition, the desk chair that was heavily stained and very dirty. Also - only one soap to use for the sink and tub/shower - have this this in a very long time. The room cleaners were just finishing up (5pm) and were very noisy - slamming doors, talking loudly, etc - so bad I had to look out in the hallway to see what all the commotion was about. Overall the staff was average - not bad, but not great either. The pluses were the newer TV's and 10 HBO channels. Rates were good, but I would not consider this property to be a good value and would recommend finding a different property if one nearby.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Dawn M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally follow up with you in regards to your recent stay with us and the issues you encountered. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. We take all of this very seriously. We hope you do give us another chance in the near future to make it right. If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you so much for your feedback. This is not the standard for this hotel and I can’t apologize enough for the issues you encountered. You are correct the property is older
and we are planning some additional updates to improve the guest experience. If will contact me at the hotel I would be happy to invoke our 100% guest satisfaction for one night.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is advertised as recently renovated. Some things have been updated, but some key parts are still a bit shabby. Our room had some minor annoyances--so trash can except in the bathroom, no shelf in the shower, and pillows that went flat as soon as our heads hit them. On the plus side, the furniture and appliances were nice, the electrical outlets were plentiful, climate control worked great, and it was very clean.

We stayed 2 nights and it was a busy weekend...spring break....Easter. However, our first breakfast was a FIASCO! We were downstairs more than 30 minutes before breakfast ended on the Saturday before Easter. The room was absolutely packed. I would have certainly have understood if couldn't keep up with cooking food. However, there was plenty of sausages (not cooked to my taste, but edible and hot) and imitation eggs with cheese. However, they were out of things that didn't need cooking-- pastries, yogurt, and utensils! I couldn't even get a fork to eat with! They also had plenty of waffle batter, but the lines were long with people waiting to make waffles. I guess they didn't know they would have to eat them with a spoon.

However, I do have to say that Easter morning was much, much better. The food was plentiful, possibly because the crowd was greatly reduced. We had no problems the second morning. I did express my dismay about the first breakfast when we checked out. The desk clerk was very apologetic and said he would relay our problems to the management. I was mollified.

With a few additional tweaks to the renovations and more attention to detail, this property could be great.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This hotel has the best staff! They were extremely attentive to my needs my room was clean the food was great I definitely feel that it was a great value for the price paid. Hampton Inn Stone Mountain is definitely my go-to hotel when I'm in the city

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business