“Loud, Outdated rooms, General facility needs freshening” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Stockbridge

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Stockbridge
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Loud, Outdated rooms, General facility needs freshening”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stopped here on the way from Orlando to Cincinnati. We had not booked anything in advance and decided to drive until we were tired. At the Stockbridge, GA exit, we had several options including this La Quinta, a Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, and more. After getting a few prices, we settled on the La Quinta to save $20. I wish we had paid the extra money to stay somewhere else.

The outside of the building looks fairly new and fresh, but I should have realized there was trouble when nearly all of the rooms had curtains open and were dark (unoccupied) at 8 pm. The lobby, hallways and elevator all had a strong smell of disinfectant which was not attractive. The first room we were given had a broken A/C unit and a strong pet smell, so we requested a move right away.

The bedroom furniture was outdated. While checking for bedbugs (I do this everywhere to be safe), I noticed the mattress tag was from 1996. Time to update! The TV was the old style 32" tube TV with poor fuzzy picture quality and a remote that had only channel and volume up and down. You couldn't even type in channel numbers to skip forward! I had some trouble sleeping because of noise from the room above. The floors and walls seem very thin, and I could even hear myself pounding when I simply walked around the room. The shower looked a bit dingy, and I am ashamed to say that we left in the morning without showering rather than use it.

The free breakfast was adequate, with juices, bagels and a few hot choices like eggs. We didn't use the pool or gym equipment, so I can't comment.

For the price we paid, I feel we could have gotten something much newer, fresher and cleaner.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reed13ja
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I checked in during the evening and then attempted to take a shower; there was no hot running water. The following morning, still no hot running water. I had also had a mini fridge in the room and I had placed nearly $30.00 worth of food and my 2 vials of insulin in there and everything froze. There is NO temperature adjustment on this model. There was also a very large stain on one of the pillows on the bed. I checked out a day early and went home. I have stayed at MANY La Quinta's and this was the worst. I contacted them by e-mail and they refused to issue a partial credit on my stay or even pay for my ruined groceries. Don't stay at this La Quinta location if at all possible!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank Tom L
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

1st: I checked in, got the key, then went to the car to bring my dog in. When I walked in with the dog I was immediately told to come to the desk and sign a form containing lots of extra "rules" for staying with a pet. This was the first time I had ever been asked to fill something like that out at any La Quinta Inn. I was also upset because the person at the front desk acted surprised that I had a dog with me, though I had spelled out clearly on my reservation that I would be there with a dog.
2nd: Though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room, the room reeked of smoke!!! I sprayed the room down multiple times with an air deodorizer, but it barely helped. I was stopped up within minutes and stayed that way while I was there.
3rd: There were feral cats that hung around the back of the hotel (in the only grass around). There were plates of food left out for them each night. I feared for my dog's health! He is older and has a compromised immune system. I did not like having to "potty" him around those animals.
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact, if you are attending a dog show, do not stay here. It isn't safe.
On the plus side, the bed was terrific.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank TNgoldengirl
south carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

This motel was adequate for our needs. We stayed here for 3 nights while attending a race. Room had plenty of space and was clean. Problems were thin walls and/or ceilings/floors. We were woken up 2 mornings by what appeared to be the people either above us or next door to us simply walking around their room. Didn't sound like any jumping or anything but you could hear every step and movement and anytime water was running next door or above it was like it was in our room. Other major problem was breakfast was the pits. Things were not replaced and the limited options were not tasty. The breakfast area wasn't very busy actually but simple items like plastic ware were unavailable and no one was around to replenish things or help. Biscuits were seriously like hockey pucks and waffle maker was not hot enough to completely cook waffles. If you don't depend on the breakfast and you use your earplugs the room is not bad at all. Smokers huddled outside front door during rain made it difficult to pull up cars to load when checking out.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
New Port Richey, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was our first time staying at a LaQuinta and we found it to be an excellent place to stay. We stayed overnite as we traveled to FL. The place is clean, the staff is very courteous, pleasant and helpful. We need a handicap room and this was a "real" handicap room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple