“Gary and Deb”
Review of Hot Rod's Diner

Hot Rod's Diner
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a classic 50's diner, serving handcrafted black angus hamburgers, black angus hot dogs and "Super Dogs", hot wings, gyros, hot sandwiches and Philly cheesesteaks, hand dipped milkshakes, premium ice cream desserts as well as our daily offering of meat and veggies with our "Blue Plate Special". We are making the American diner experience, great again. The dining room is adorned with 50's memorabilia covering the walls, a long counter and a soda fountain and servers who love what they do. We are opened 11am-8pm Monday through Thursday, 11am-9pm Friday and Saturday. We are closed on Sunday.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! Food, and the staff! always friendly and willing to please!! A wonderful little eatery in Social Circle!

Greg C, Owner at Hot Rod's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thanks guys! We really appreciate you and our other loyal customers that have kept this family owned business going strong for over 5 years now. We are grateful and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Remember when you went to the local diner in the 50s and 60s. The atmosphere and the food was good home cooked from a great fresh hamburger to chili to a Blue Plate Special. That's Hot Rods. The staff truly takes pride in what they do[. The menu is great, not huge but everything a good diner needs. It's not fast food but really good fresh foods. All the desserts are homemade and you might get there on a day when a big batch of banana pudding is made. Just like mama used to make and not that artificial stuff you get in buffets. If you are ever in Social Circle (behind the Blue Willow) you have to stop in. You will not regret it. Everything is great and a great family place too. Be sure to get a real cherry coke or a banana split or hot fudge sundae. Today I had the chili and a triple grilled cheese sandwich. My buddy had the pork chop Blue Plate Special. No hype, just plain good.

Greg C, Owner at Hot Rod's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you Ron. It is always our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and especially the kind words. We really do love what we do and hope to be doing it for a long time. We look forward to serving you again. Btw.... we’re making Banana Pudding again today. It’ll be ready to serve by lunchtime tomorrow.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had lunch there last Friday - tried to stop the week before but it was so crowded we had to leave as we didn't have time to wait that day. We enjoyed our lunch; I had the chicken salad croissant with onion rings (YUMMY) and my husband had the meat and 2 veggies. It was all good-- I saw them deliver hamburgers and fries to the table next to ours and it look wonderful so that is what I am ordering next time!!!

Greg C, Owner at Hot Rod's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for dining with us and for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My husband and I ate lunch here while passing thru. Cute 50s decor - very young waitresses. There was a jukebox at the table with oldies music but don't know how much it was to play a song. I ordered a beef hot dog with slaw and my husband had a burger with slaw. Hot dog was OK - dill relish rather than sweet. My husband loved his burger! The slaw was very good - sweet and chopped fine. We split a peach cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. Too much "crunchy" stuff for me but my husband liked that part. What he ate, he thought was too sweet. Friendly & efficient waitress.

Greg C, Owner at Hot Rod's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thanks for the nice review Norma. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

As soon as you arrive you are greeted and if you have to wait it is an indication of the quality of the food and service. I went for the chicken tenders options with a milkshake. I have yet to find anyone that does milkshakes with the same quality as Hot Rod Diners. My quest sadly continues.

I would definitely recommend here for a family night out, date night or just a get away from the norm. I wish they would franchise this store as I think it would be great. Every time I have been here the service I have received and the food I have eaten have been excellent.

For my mind every city should have a Hot Rods Diner. From when you come in the door to when you leave, it is an all round experience that makes you coming back for more.

The menu has great options for every one and is located behind The Blue Willow Inn.

Greg C, Owner at Hot Rod's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review and for supporting this family owned business. We truly appreciate it. Please let us know if there is any way we can improve.