“June & July dive trip”
Review of Tomia Scuba Dive

Tomia Scuba Dive
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Wakatobi
More attraction details
Owner description: Tomia Scuba Dive (TSD) is located in Tomia Island, Wakatobi - Indonesia. Established in 2011, TSD have experienced in guiding divers to witness that all we are saying regarding the underwater scenery are all true. Right on spot for your ultimate diving experience. We will escort you to some of the most breath-taking dive location and guide you through it, since our experienced divers have been exploring the water and the all possible dive spots for years. Equipped with current dive SAR technique and equipments, your safety along with your pleasure is our main concern. We are here to help you understand the real mystique of Indonesian archipelago life.
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Dr. Yudi leads a great team, and together with DM Arif will guide you to some of the best dive sites around Tomia. They are friendly & professional, adapt to your dive site requests within reason, and have a very solid safety approach. The boat crew is very helpful and always ready to assist. I recommend you discover the area's dive sites with them.

1  Thank DXB_Mike
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

we spent 7 days diving with Dr Yudi in Tomia and it was fantastic. We saw fantastic coral, pelagic fish and enjoyed every minute. Dr Yudi listened to our needs and adapted the daily plan accordingly.

The boat team were professional and we felt safe and well cared-for the whole time.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Thx to dr.Yudi to become friendly and good instructor for me..for the price, i guess he was success to served me more than my expectation..and he has a good perception built in his poersonality.. wakatobi island was recommended for diver.. success n God Bless to dr.Yudi..

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I was in Tomia for a week from March 13th 2017. I had contacted Dr. Yudi previously to confirm prices on diving that I had seen published in Wikitravel. Yet when I arrived he had raised his price up to 500 000 rupia even though I had my own equipment. I was very disappointed by this. Later I had found out he was only charging 350 000 and 400 000 to other customers. Dr Yudi is not a good diving guide. He has no passion. He gives no proper dive briefings especially before deeper dives. On one occasion he brought me down to 30m and then just took off into the blue to almost 40m looking for sharks. I ended up spending the next 15 minutes waiting for him to come find me, which he never did and I ended up diving alone. He also seems to only want to bring people to the nearest dive sites most likely to save on fuel. He brings no life to his work. He is not a safe guide. He never showed me anything underwater, and he has the most expensive prices by far out of many places I have dived in Indonesia (Raja Ampat, Sangalaki, Komodo, Bali, Pulau Wei, Bunaken etc)

I would suggest getting in touch with Pak Ahmad at Tandiono Diving (+6285340853831) he is half the price and has more personality.

4  Thank Dive Master G
Prayudi S, General Manager at Tomia Scuba Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

First, you just 2 days dive in tomia. The price are publish, you came alone and we use big diving boat. We go already to the zoo diving spot its mean we go very far which you not notice? We think you not listen the briefing that why you get lost.. it so pity to make another marketing at this profile..

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Returned to wakatobi [not the name of tomia scuba dive] in dec 2016 a year after a snorkel trip there, this time determined to get my ears to equalize, and do a couple dives without pain. no ability to equalize has prevented me from diving for 15 years. wakatobi staff were extremely patient with my slooooow descent on a weighted rope the dive guide had lowered for me. it took about 10 minutes to get to 40 feet. with no current and amazing help from Mariza, i had three incredible dives: pinnate batfish, napoleon wrasse, many nudies, flatworms, a zanzibar shrimp, crinoid shrimp, corals in great shape, huge anemones, clams galore. returning again in 2017!! there was a decent amount of monsoon-caused plastic in the water, but the staff cleaned anything from the shore.

2  Thank picky_eater_DE