All reviews full kitchen dee dee front desk location is excellent living room king bed stayed nights hot tub fireplace property atlanta appliances dishwasher toilet linens cons hospital
Reviewed 15 July 2018

would not recommend - not a good experience at all. Check in took too long, no attendent at front desk for 15-20 minutes. They double charged the amount and would not cacel the second charge, Said it would take 7-10 business days. Very unfriendly personnel, uncaring with problems. Terrible mattresses, caused a terrible nights sleep - bed was like a big pit. Caused back and neck aches. Very unclean room, very bad odor like a chemical smell in room. Closet bi-fold door broken, couldn't hang clothing in closet. Did get repaired next day. Bathroom unclean - black residue in corners of the tub surround. Poor customer service - did nothing to resolve issues. Could not get internet connection to work. Very noisy with people going up stairs all during the night - we were in the bottom floor room. Would not recommend this property at all !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. We regret to hear that we missed the mark in accommodations and service during your stay and that there were certain aspects of your visit that were not your preference. Your comments will be shared with our team members to ensure we are delivering a top-notch experience for our valued guests. Please contact our hotel directly if you do not see your credit card refund come through. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Did not get room that we booked online. Strong smell of smoke( suppose to be smoke free). Very unclean, splatter marks on walls. Only 3 lightbulbs worked in the whole room. VERY OUT DATED. Stayed there because I had a procedure at St Joseph's Hospital.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear April,
We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit with us. We will speak with our team about your concerns and have our staff address the issues with odor and cleanliness in the room that you were in and change out the light bulbs. We hope that your procedure went well, and we wish you all the best in your travels ahead.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Lovely room. I stayed for 2 nights and ran out of hot water with every shower and bath.
Plus they ran out of towels and I had to "beg" for more after they cleaned my room.

The breakfast was "keto" friendly. I did enjoy it with bacon one day and sausage the next. Loved that they also had cottage cheese.

Friendly staff and the bed was AWESOME for sleeping!

Room Tip: Room 1012 was convenient to everything.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Danna,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad you enjoyed our tasty breakfast and beautiful accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for any aspects of your stay that caused you inconvenience. We'll work to ensure that rooms are fully stocked with supplies. However, it's nice to hear that your overall visit was satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback and would love a chance to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

THIS was the WORST experience EVER! and I do mean EVER! I called The Hawthorn Wyndham Atlanta, GA on 7.11.18 around 5 or 6pm CT to tell the desk clerk that I was arriving on a late flight and the desk clerk told me no problem since the system does not update until 4 am. I arrived a little after 2 am and was told that there were no rooms available. Later, I was told that the system was down. I reserved this room in April , in ADVANCE for my room and now I had no where to go. I had to sleep in my rental car because all of the near by hotels were booked. It was a terrifying experience to have to sit a car ALL night. I could have been attacked, raped, or even worse. I had to call my husband and keep him on the line because of fear for my life. In addition, I was to attend a Conference at 8am 7/12/18 and I was sleep deprived. I think it is reasonable for me to be frustrated at the situation.

I waited until 6:15 am and went back and spoke with the Manager who, wouldn’t give me HIS name. When in the office, I had to look on the desk to find out that his name was STEVE. Steve told me “it wasn't HIS fault” and they “Didn’t have my money” so I have to “contact Wyndham Rewards”. He was HORRIBLE. I am attaching a voice recording of how I was treated. This is horrible. I HAD to sleep in a rental car and I had to ASK for an APOLOGY, What kind of customer service is this? And the room is full of bugs. I have been a Wyndham Resort Owner since 2008 as well as a Wyndham Rewards and a Wyndham Credit Card Holder. In all of my time with the Wyndham I would NEVER expect that they would treat their customers worst than DOGS! There was NO care of concern by Steve. What human being doesn’t have some concern when another human being is left to sleep in a car when they had a reservation? Unbelievable. I would like REAL resolution to this matter. I don’t want another human being EVER treated this way by STEVE again. It is so unfair to have a manager whom really does not care about his position or people in general. I cannot imagine that STEVE has personal relationships with other humans beings as he could not emphasize with a women in a strange city being forced to sleep in a rental car on an extremely humid summer evening in Atlanta, GA.

I watched him for over 10 minutes after the night person explained my situation and he just went to his office and didn’t even acknowledge me. Wow! What kind of customer service was that?
It is obvious that no one could have prevented the system error. HOWEVER, it was and has NOT been handled properly. Having someone that would have greeted me with a smile and assisted me with my challenges would have been basic customer service. I know that it is not asking too much for common human decency. I am so glad that I recorded STEVE, because his reaction should be heard Hawthorn Wyndham, how would you feel if you were forced to sleep in a rented vehicle in a strange city and then treated this way when you did nothing wrong? I am looking forward to some form of resolution from the Wyndham regarding this manner. I am hoping that someone at Wyndham does have care and concern for the customer and will resolve this in a timely and effective manner beginning with additional training for STEVE as he can be perceived as uncaring and lacking in basic customer service skills. He should be trained on listening to consumers and assisting them rather than being abrupt, unfriendly, and unsympathetic. I am also attaching my conversation with STEVE, whom was less than helpful and unable to assist with situations beyond his control which are normal in any service based organization.

Dear Matasha,
We are incredibly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. It is our intention to treat every guest with respect and empathy, and it troubles us to read your review. We apologize for the error in your reservation and all of the troubles that it caused you. We will be discussing your concerns regarding the customer service you received with our management staff, and we will take all necessary actions to make sure that this type of situation does not happen again. We can imagine how much trouble you were caused, and we apologize tremendously for this outcome. We always welcome and appreciate feedback from our guests, and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We would love to speak with you directly so that we can come to a satisfactory resolution to this issue. We value your dedication to our hotel line, and we hope to be able to make it up to you. Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Rooms need a good cleaning. Bedding and Bath were clean but floors were dirty. Lot of items were broken (doors, chairs). Kitchen area missing utensils, silverware, pots and pans. Property needs a good upgrade.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Feedback from our guests is always appreciated as it helps us improve for future visits. We're sorry for any concerns about cleanliness, and we further apologize for any issues with the furniture and kitchen amenities. We'll pass your comments along to the appropriate staff members, and we'd be grateful for the chance to offer you more suitable accommodations.