“Great lunch at La Plancha”
Review of La Plancha

La Plancha
Reviewed 17 February 2018

My friend and I had lunch there a few days ago. I had empanadas, which were very good. I have had empanadas in Miami, Peru, Chile and Argentina. These were beef and as good as any beef empanadas that I had in Argentina. We both had salads that were thoughtfully prepared and excellent. We plan to go back and try the tacos.

1  Thank GADawgGa
David S, Manager at La Plancha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! Look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We ate at La Plancha for the first time this weekend. The food and service were fantastic. The special shrimp taco was so flavorful, as well as the chicken and mahi tacos. The guacamole was freshly made with large chunks of avocado. We'll definitely be eating here again soon.

David S, Manager at La Plancha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

We truly appreciate the wonderful feedback!! Can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We felt that La Plancha is not really in the category "mexican" even though the menu reads like it. The menu is small, focusing on 5 or 6 items that can be ordered as tacos, quesadillas or burrito. Each of the tacos is distinct in its preparation, sauce, cheese, etc. I've had most of them after two visits and don't really have a favorite - they are all great. Salsa served with chips is a darker, roasted/smoky variety. Nice beer selection and interesting margaritas like "cucumber jalapeño". If you order 3 tacos, they include beans and rice - and you will be stuffed. I thought the tacos were more flavorful than ordering as a burrito. In the tacos, you can taste the caramelized crunch on the meat from the "plancha", whereas in the burrito, it kind of gets lost in all the rice and beans. The place is cheery and service friendly and quick.

David S, Manager at La Plancha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thanks for the great review! Cheery is exactly what we are going for!!!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Two couples. Lunch. Each person had different menu item.Jessica was a most hospitable server and did a fine job. Food was very good and unique in both recipes and presentation. Prices were reasonable. Will return for sure.

David S, Manager at La Plancha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thanks for the positive review! I will most certainly let Jessica know!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We were very pleased. The salsa was different, but excellent. It wasn't too hot like dom we have had. My husband had the skirt steak burrito. I have the roasted chicken quesadilla, with a side of guacamole. My husband bragged about the tenderness of his beef. I couldn't get over the flavor of my chicken. The Margaritas are great too. Highly recommend this place for casual dining. Maybe some may say it isn't "real Mexican food", but to me it is pretty close.

David S, Manager at La Plancha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Appreciate the wonderful review!