“RUN FOR YOUR LIFE”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Irvington, Virginia
“RUN FOR YOUR LIFE”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This room was a nightmare!!!!! We stayed in room 118 and when I woke up in the morning, the room was filled with RAW sewage!!!!!!!! I immediately called the front desk, they came to the room, looked at the damage, including, ruined clothes on the floor, sewage floating in the room and bathtub, and about two inches of water in the carpet. The manager/owner, Sam Patel, offered no apologies, no compensation on my ruined clothes or blowdryer, or refund. He did say we could shower in another room. NO THANKS!!!! We do have video and pics I will be posting later this evening. After the manager left, one of his employees did tell us this had happened several times before. SAM PATEL was rude, unapologetic, and snuck out and hid and wouldn't even talk to us or answer the phone. The stinch was unbelievable. I do plan on making some calls to the city and health dept. so they will hopefully be shut down and this won't be a problem for future travelers. Log in later for pics and videos.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
8 Thank Robin00157848
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ducktown Ga
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We travel several times a year, and I only write reviews when I'm very pleased or very DISpleased with a place. I'll keep this short: DON'T STAY AT HOJO EXPRESS IN ROME GEORGIA. The place, according to its website, claims to have been 'completely renovated 2007'. Well, I guess time flies, because in less than 2 years, our room put on about 30 years' worth of aging, dirt, grime, and overall grossness.

There were stains on everything from floor to ceiling, the blankets were so old and stiff that I kept waking up and thinking, "So this is what a hobo on a freight train feels like sleeping under a burlap sack". Actually, a freight train probably would have had cleaner walls.

The hotel is owned/managed by a man named Patel, and he was about as crusty and uninviting as the rest of the place. This place, and another Hojo Express in Murfreesboro TN, are the only two Hojo's we've tried in the past 3 years. And they will also be the LAST we ever try. For $25-30 more, do yourself a big favor and stay at Holicay Inn or Best Western.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Octoslash

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2008

My family was bitten by either mites,fleas or bed bugs all over their legs.The bites blistered up and oozed. It took over a week to clear them all up. Food ran out hour before suppose to close and never was replenished. Toilet clogged up.

• Liked — Friendly lady at the desk.
  • Disliked — My family got bites that blistered and oozed for days after. Breakfast food ran out last 45min.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank teacherarabia
Danville, VA
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Red Alert!!!!Don't stay here. Our non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, the room looked and smelled filthy. Sheets on bed were badly stained, carpet had stains that I am afraid to ask what they were, air conditioner sounded as if it were gonna come right out of the wall. Overall this has to be the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. Sure we got our room for about $60 bucks but isn't that enough to get at least a clean room. We complained and were shown another room which was not much better. Asked for a refund to no avail. Woke up this morning sick, imagine that. Room seemed moldy and mildewy. Try the Days Inn it's cleaner and nicer for about the same price.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank mamabearDanville
Normal, Il
Reviewed 15 March 2007

I wish I could tell you about the hotel, but they cancelled my reservation without telling me. I booked a 1-week, 15 room reservation 6 months in advance, and was double checking the details online less than three weeks prior to departure when I saw the whole reservation was just cancelled. I called the hotel and they said they had overbooked the week and then had some "regulars" need extra rooms so they cancelled my entire reservation. When I asked why they didn't call me to tell me this they said I "should have been sent an email." If that's all the consideration they give someone who has a $4000 reservation, then I guess I'm glad I'm not staying there. Don't bother with the Howard Johnson Express! The Days Inn Downtown Rome was more than kind and accommodating - even gave me a huge discount when I explained the situation! If you do stay at the HoJo, check your reservation and check it often - a reservation doesn't mean you have rooms there, apparently.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank ILFrequentTraveler