1,080 results
All reviews the river historic building broad street unique hotel front desk exposed brick within walking distance large windows interior room character and charm shops and restaurants high ceilings berry college wedding party downtown area stay there again home away from home
Reviewed 2 November 2018

This hotel is great! We were told that the building had once been an abandoned cotton warehouse and many of the building's original features have been retained and worked into the decor. Our room was wonderful. It had the most comfortable bed and pillows we've ever experienced at a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 October 2018

By accident I was convinced to stay at this Wyndham as my typical hotel choice was fully booked...but boy I was sure glad. This very unique hotel is perfect for a number of purposes. I was on business and it's comfort was just what I needed to get a great night's sleep and even work a bit in a quite room via their complementary Wifi. (no glitches at all) The only thing that might be a little quirky for some is the fact that from the entry to the rooms is a bit of a hike. Make sure to get a cart if you've got a load. There are ramps so that's a benefit. Again, this is not your typical Wyndham. Nonetheless, I will stay here whenever in Rome from now on! Great job on the renovations!!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I was here for a business event and was very happy with the hotel and staff. This is a historic building that has a lot of character and charm. It is in a great location and you can walk to many restaurants just a block away. The staff was friendly, the free breakfast was good and the rooms were HUGE. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I am almost reluctant to review The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. I don't want the word to get out. But credit ought to be given where due. I have stayed at many Wyndham properties around the country, and this one is by far my favorite. It's too bad it's not located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or someplace with similarly spectacular views and things to do. As is, I almost didn't want to leave, so pleasant were the facilities, knowing that, outside, only Rome, Georgia awaited. The river walk along the Oostanaula ran right beneath the balcony. Try to avoid rooms by 2nd Avenue, if you can. The traffic is surprisingly loud for such a medium-sized city.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Very clean, lots of amenities, courteous staff. We have been in Rome several times this year for cross country meets and to visit Berry College. This is the nicest hotel we have visited in the area. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family