Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Easy to get hooked on

This was a fantastic introduction into the world of Hang Gliding. My instructor, Jordon, made me... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
tinaheikkinen
Savannah, Georgia
via mobile
Great experience

I took my daughter and a friend to Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding to celebrate her birthday. The... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
914hollyn
Birmingham, Alabama

All reviews tandem flight bucket list lookout mountain amazing experience sd card highly recommend this to anyone landing area afraid of heights once in a lifetime fun experience glider pilot safety introductory altitude video launch
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

LMFP staff are awesome. The tandem crew run a very safe and organized program! Instructors are knowledgeable and adept at sharing information and tutelage.

Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

This place was great! Took my son there for his 17th birthday and it was an absolute blast. The guides were great, the beginner area was incredible, we flew up to 2200ft and coasted down with the most spectacular views ever. Only bad thing is my son wants to do it every weekend & I may need to get a 2nd job

Reviewed 11 May 2021

What an AWESOME experience. We are going back!!! Pilots are so experienced and make you feel at ease. I was so so so much fun!! A MUST FOR ALL!!!!

Reviewed 4 May 2021

My dad and I had a great time hang gliding this past weekend! Check in was easy, there was no wait to get started, take off and landing were SO smooth, and the pilots were friendly and educational. They honored the deal listed on Groupon. I got pictures, but no video and they were definitely worth it! Overall, highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 April 2021

This place is THE place to learn about hang gliding and to become a pilot. Went there with my sons and spent 3 mornings on the training hill. The eldest was cleared to the "big hill" which was a huge accomplishment. Will come back to complete and then - go to the mountain.

We had 3 instructors (Goat, CJ and Matt) and all of them were fabulous. Great instruction and very safe. Everyone was flying the first day. From there, it's refining technique and getting to strong launches and precision landings. A lot of running but well worth it.

There is a friendly atmosphere around the office which is next to the mountain launch, and lots of pilots congregating and sharing flight stories. We got to watch people soar to 6,000 feet from launch. Definitely motivating!

Tandem towing was awesome. A great way to see what it's really like in a hang glider at altitude. They have two tow planes so things move along quickly. And the accommodations were top-notch. We stayed in the Mountain View cabins, which were modern, clean and comfortable.

All in all - a fabulous trip. Will do it again soon!

Date of experience: April 2021