All reviews poachers pub executive room car park old mill nirvana spa pub attached lovely hotel hotel bar trouser press coach party bar food stayed for two nights buffet style night stay great room ample parking waiting staff
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We had my daughters and son in laws wedding reception at this hotel, the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone had an amazing day, food was lovely bar staff where fab, rooms where clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel for any occasion. Thankyou all for making it a very memorable day.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tonymaxineadams
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed in 4 rooms to go to a wedding party. I used to live near here and had remembered how the car park was always flooded in winter. It was still pretty squelchy now. Disappointing. Nice comfy foyer and good freshly cooked breakfast overlooking the mill stream. Room had big comfy bed and well lit bathroom. However we all thought the room lighting was too dim. 2 rooms had standard lamps with dead bulbs in. Poachers pub at back. A bit impersonal but handy.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SarahA522
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Stayed here for my Birthday stayed in a suite,Room was very clean.Only problem was floor was very creaky,Ever time we walked on floor it would creak.Staying again this February for my partners birthday cant wait until we visit the pub next to hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a end room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We had Sunday lunch for my 70th birthday on the 7th January, we had all had previous experiences of this hotel both staying and eating. However on this occasion unfortunately we were the only party of 10 which was not the issue, it was so cold in the hotel rooms both lounge area and dining. The food was very good but by the end of the meal I was actually shivering and so was my 90 year old Mother. This is the reason for the average review, as staff did there utmost to assist by putting a very small heater at the rea of our table.

1  Thank barbaralacey10
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Stayed here prior to meeting up for a car rally. First impressions of entrance and reception good but the room disappointed. Mix of old and new which does not gel and the bed was so uncomfortable neither of us slept.Breakfast was good although in a hotel of this calibre I would expect to be served with tea and coffee, not have to queue mug in hand at the one and only machine. As others reviews have commented the staff do not seem happy. We were lucky to park on a bit of higher ground - something needs to be done about the carpark as it was a lake!

Trip type: Travelled with friends