All reviews sausage biscuits sweet tea beach towels separate bedroom bible study small shower place to sleep free breakfast trip home bathroom area room was clean perfect location would stay here again rocking chairs double bed make your own waffles southern hospitality
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived and checked in without incident. Breakfast served 0700-0900, is nonexistent. They make one pot of coffee for 60+ rooms. Pop tarts and random jars of waffle batter is what gets put out for food. The quote from staff was “The early bird gets the worm” when asked if anything was going to be restocked at 0810.

We told the front desk we had dogs so housekeeping should leave our room alone. They had no signs to hang on the door. They appeared to write it down but apparently no one checks it. Has to remind them everyday not to send housekeeping. Luckily we were in the room when they tried to come in. Also had to remind them multiple times that we were checking out late. They kept track of things with post-it notes.

The location is a bit noisy too since it’s close to the highways.

At least they take dogs.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Our previous location didn't work out so we booked what was supposed to be a studio. I was supposed to go in and talk to Meghan and everything would be taken care of. She didn't know anything about us coming and rudely told me she couldn't accommodate us. I was told that all the rooms at the reduced rate had been booked but that she did have a studio available but not for the reduced rate. Finally after I called you directly she "figured it out" and gave us a key to a room. She acted like she was doing us a favor giving us a room and aggravated with the whole situation. We didn't even make it all the way into the room before being driven out by an overwhelming stench that smelled like cat urine. I went back to the office. Meghan was not there but the other girl gave me another room and wasn't shocked at all when I told her about the smell. It was super tiny and had a musty smell to it. There would be absolutely no privacy for my daughter, her boyfriend, and myself. I verified that we had indeed booked a studio. At this point I didn't want to argue with your staff any longer, I turned in the key, called Tim to let him know the situation, and just booked another accommodation in Rincon. I checked Trip Advisor and saw that many of the complaints were about Meghan and after I found the bed bug complaint was very happy I didn't just settle and stay.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here unless you need a super cheap place to stay to use as a crash pad. another reviewer found bed bugs in their room!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Corinna G
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This may not be the best hotel I've stayed at, but for the price this is a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I stayed here with my Golden retriever on our trip home to NC from Florida. Beds were clean and the AC was great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: with our dog we liked the first floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Not a luxury hotel but for the price it can’t be beat! Convenient location off I-95. Front desk folks nice and room clean. Room was small but had flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, refrigerator, shower, decent towels and some toiletries. There is a pool in the center but we didn’t use it. Morning breakfast was comparable to Hampton Inn/HI Express. Fine for a quick night’s stay on the road.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Helpful, friendly staff at check-in. Minor fumbles with bad key and wi-if password but these were quickly corrected. Rooms are spartan and small but completely adequate for an overnight stay. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Use of wood laminate flooring instead of carpet wins points for cleanliness. Free breakfast did not score highly; no drinking water or juice. Cups of processed mandarin oranges were available. Make your own waffles, up to 4 at a time, were nice but very slow to cook. Some cereal, some products w meat. For an inexpensive hotel that doesn’t pretend to be more than it is, I do recommend it. If you want luxury, look elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Christi M, Owner at Dogwood Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

It's nice to hear you enjoyed your comfortable bed and the cleanliness of your room! We love providing our guests with a cozy, down-home atmosphere, and we're glad you had an overall good stay. We had a great time hosting you and look forward to seeing you again. -Dogwood Management