All reviews stayed here room was clean staying downtown pancake maker easy access to the interstate staff was friendly and helpful location is great night's rest queen room bathroom sink not hesitate to stay here again each morning young lady the breakfast area breakfast buffet sweet tea grille outdoor pool
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We always stay at HIE because we can almost guarantee it’ll be a decent stay. This hotel seemed newer or at least newly renovated from the hallway...clean, fresh looking paint and modern carpet. The rooms, however, told a different tale. Upon opening our door immediately a strange, chemical smell hit us, Ike a mixture of moth balls and old. The room was definitely not recently updated. It even had the antiquated wall-mounted a/c unit. It was a strange set up. The suite was easily large enough for a kitchenette and even had a sink, cabinets, and counters...but still only had a dorm size refrigerator and microwave. Very odd. Further adding to the strangeness of the room was the fact that the sink area was separate from the shower and toilet area but there was no door separating the sink area from the rest of the room, and the light switch to the commode area was outside of the enclosed area, making it verrrrry difficult to navigate at night with a sleeping baby.

In any event, the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We came in late and she went out of her way to assist us.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hi Jen R,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to read that you appreciated the service rendered by our staff.

I'm concerned to see that you were not fully impressed with the room set-up. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've shared your feedback with the management for improvements.

We value you as our guest and hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Thanks,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 August 2018

The hotel was nice but it was a bit dated. The breakfast aria was very small compared to the other Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at. It is fairly close to the Georgia welcome center...……...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I usually pick Holiday Inn Express as my husband and I do quite a bit of traveling by car. We usually arrive later in the evening at most places, and leave early in the am (5-6 am.) It is nice that they have a pool however, having the pool open to 10 pm, I think is not considerate to people who are travelers. There were about a dozen people yelling and swimming at 10 pm, waking us, even with the air conditioner running. I would suggest to Holiday Inn that they close the pool at a more respectful time and be more considerate to the needs of the majority of their travelers.

Room Tip: The hotel has an outdoor pool so be cautious where you have a room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Another nice room. Had the suite at end of hall. Very spacious. Clean. Clean breakfast room. Good pillows. Our family of 5 was very comfortable in the room. Brought in cot and didn't even get in the way. Kitchen in room as well. Would stop here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2018

We stayed here overnight on our way from Florida to Virginia. I had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn in the area, but it was booked for that night. I made the reservation by phone, and it was $180 plus tax, rather steep. This may have been because I reserved the room by calling them directly (if I book a hotel in the future, I'll use Trip Advisor or some similar website), its proximity to Savannah may have also had something to do with it.
However, the hotel was pleasant. The rooms were clean, and the free breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends