“EXCELLENT”

Pie Society
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in Pooler
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: European, British
Description: Pie Society is a traditional British Bakery serving up authentic, delicious savory and sweet pies, pasties, quiches and desserts. We are a British-owned, family company with locations in City Market in Downtown Savannah and in Pooler near the Tanger Outlets. We hand-make all our products daily, using only the best ingredients. Stop in for a cup of tea served in a china pot, a handmade meat pie or a slice of Bakewell Tart- a delicious almond cake originating from the home county of our owners!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

So we stopped for a break on our travel from NC back to FL and happended apon this bakery. I had actually seen them on a local "about town" show while in Savannah on another trip. All I can say is Yummy! Everything is fresh baked that day from scratch. The staff was very helpful, nice and patient with us while we made our selections. We got the breakfast tea cake, nice and fluffy and just a little sweet. I took home scones and a chicken and rosemary pie. Both were delicious, even sitting in the frigdge a few days. The scone is a more traditional English version, if only I would have had the clotted cream to go with it. The pie with a salad is easily two meals. The gravy was rich, the chicken tender and the flavor great. I will definetly visit them again if I am in that area both Pooler and Savannah. Maybe I'll have them mail order me some.

Date of visit: March 2018
Pie_Society, Owner at Pie Society, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

So glad you had such a pleasant visit! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was curious as to what a pie society was and was completely charmed once we enter. The staff was very amiable and knowledgeable. The menu brought me back to our London travels complete with steak and ale, Shepard's Pies, and fish & chips. They serve wine and beer if you eat in. They do ship their pies and make for nice gifts. Gluten Free is also available by chance or you can phone ahead for the request.
The Pooler location is much larger than the downtown site and this one has a nice shop of British goods.

Date of visit: February 2018

Thank you Susan!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The Pie Society has one of the best breakfast / lunch options in town! It’s nice to be able to have something that’s local and unique. There’s never a wait and the service is excellent

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I was craving a chicken pot pie so I checked this place out. Let me just say....WOW! So many creative pot pies to choose from. They have beer on tap and wine also. I had the African Beef pie of the month. It was delicious. I want to go back and try all of them. I highly recommend trying this place out.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I was given a gift voucher for this company for Christmas and ordered some of their pies and other goodies online. After my first bite of one of their steak and kidney pies I was totally hooked. I haven't tasted pastry that good for years.
The order arrived in good time and perfectly packed. Fedex messed up the first order and only delivered it after it had taken a road trip across the country, rendering the contents inedible. But Pie Society customer service was outstanding. They not only sent me a replacement order but also included a few extra goodies for my trouble.
I would highly recommend this company and will definitely order from them again. And will visit them next time I'm down in their neck of the woods..

Date of visit: January 2018