See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We made reservations for this cabin based on previous reviews.
The picture of the kitchen shown on this site is NOT what the kitchen looks like at all in person.
My husband and I arrived at the Cabin (#23) Thursday late afternoon July 3rd and found the cabin to be lovely to spend the week-end there and at Callaway Gardens.
Once inside we found it to be very warm so we checked the thermostat and it read 80 so we set it at 73, but the temperature in the cabin never got below 80 all evening - we were very uncomfortable. We slept on the first floor with a fan going because it was too hot upstairs in the master bedroom.
Every-time we went to touch anything in the cabin (couch, chairs, pans, blinds, beds, etc) we touched spider webs everywhere. I do not like spiders or their webs. We live in Jacksonville, FL and I have my house sprayed every month so I will have very few, if any spiders and/or bugs in my house.
After unloading the car we decided to prepare dinner with the food we had packed. We found the pots & pans dirty (dried caked food on some of the pans) so we had to wash them prior to using. The electric stove was dirty and the oven was filthy. In addition, the grill out in the front yard was also filthy from previous tenants using it and not cleaning afterwards. This was the one and only meal we prepared in the cabin. Why should we have to clean up a kitchen prior to using in a vacation home.
Also, there were dead bugs on the hallway floor and live carpenter ants in the kitchen.
After spending Friday night at the cabin we decided we could not take it anymore and left the cabin on Saturday to spend the night at a nice hotel in Columbus, GA which turned out to be very pleasant.
One last thing - if the Owners would take the time to clean the cabin thoroughly and make sure everything is in good working order (air conditioner) prior to tenants arriving this would really be a great place. Lastly, do not put false pictures) on the site - should put current pictures.

The Johns from Jacksonville

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank JJofGA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed in chalet # 92! AWESOME! The chalet was gorgeous! the deck was huge and had an awesome view of the lake! LOVED LOVED IT! would love to come back and would definitely recommend! Debby was great!

Room Tip: Try for chalet # 92 although from talking with others I don't think you could get a bad one!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Was a quick getaway in the middle of the week. Just a couple of nights that turned into a week of R& R. Good southern hospitality. Great people, great view.Eric and Gabby are as good as can be. Macy and Preston went above and beyond the call of duty. Awesome people!!

Room Tip: No pool but awesome hottub on deck and jet tub in master. Very romantic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed there 4 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday, and absolutely loved the place. It can easily sleep 6. The place is well equipped and maintained. I enjoyed my mornings on the front porch in a rocking chair. A great way to start the day. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice and quiet place to stay. My only warning is that there is no WiFi and my Sprint phone got no reception, which is not the cabin's fault, but if you are attached at the hip to your phone and need internet access, this place will not be for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Troy U
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Was a great stay. Very beautiful. Lots of room in the cabins. Plan to come back in a few weeks. Lots of stuff close by for entertainment. Nice place to just sit back and relax. Friendly service :) I highly reccomend thyiz place. Nice out of the way.

• Stayed: May 2013